Labour and leisure costs of informal caregivers
AbstractIn this work, we study whether labour and leisure costs reported by informal caregivers must be analysed separately, using two comparable Spanish samples, for the years 1994 and 2004. We do this since informal care introduces an additional time constraint on the individual, which complicates the usual trade-off between leisure and work. We find that labour and leisure costs cannot always be identified separately.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 32 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Labour cost; Leisure cost; Informal care; Bivariate Probit Model;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heitmueller, Axel & Inglis, Kirsty, 2007. "The earnings of informal carers: Wage differentials and opportunity costs," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 821-841, July.
- William H. Greene & Sherrie L.W. Rhine & Maude Toussaint-Comeau, 2003.
"The importance of check-cashing businesses to the unbanked: racial/ethnic differences,"
Working Paper Series
WP-03-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Sherrie L. W. Rhine & William H. Greene & Maude Toussaint-Comeau, 2006. "The Importance of Check-Cashing Businesses to the Unbanked: Racial/Ethnic Differences," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(1), pages 146-157, February.
- Carmichael, Fiona & Charles, Susan, 2003. "The opportunity costs of informal care: does gender matter?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 781-803, September.
- Marcén, Miriam & Molina, José Alberto, 2009.
"Informal Caring-Time and Caregiver Satisfaction,"
17739, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carmichael, Fiona & Charles, Sue, 1998. "The labour market costs of community care1," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 747-765, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.