The earnings of informal carers: Wage differentials and opportunity costs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 26 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tania Burchardt, 2003. "Being and becoming: Social exclusion and the onset of disability," CASE Reports casereport21, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Jenkins, Stephen P., 1994. "Earnings discrimination measurement : A distributional approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 81-102, March.
- Carmichael, Fiona & Charles, Susan, 2003. "The opportunity costs of informal care: does gender matter?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 781-803, September.
- Carmichael, Fiona & Charles, Sue, 1998. "The labour market costs of community care1," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 747-765, December.
- Bolin, K. & Lindgren, B. & Lundborg, P., 2008.
"Your next of kin or your own career?: Caring and working among the 50+ of Europe,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 718-738, May.
- K. Bolin & B. Lindgren & P. Lundborg, 2007. "Your Next of Kin or your Own Career? Caring and Working among the 50+ of Europe," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-032/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Norma B. Coe & Courtney Harold Van Houtven, 2009.
"Caring for mom and neglecting yourself? The health effects of caring for an elderly parent,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(9), pages 991-1010.
- Coe, N.B. & Van Houtven, C.H., 2008. "Caring for Mom and Neglecting Yourself? The Health Effects of Caring for an Elderly Parent," Discussion Paper 2008-89, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Miriam Marcén, 2012. "Labour and leisure costs of informal caregivers," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(1), pages 449-455.
- Carmichael, F. & Charles, S. & Hulme, C., 2010. "Who will care? Employment participation and willingness to supply informal care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 182-190, January.
- Van Houtven, Courtney Harold & Coe, Norma B. & Skira, Meghan M., 2013. "The effect of informal care on work and wages," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 240-252.
- Amedeo Fossati & Marcello Montefiori, 2011. "Adverse Selection in Elderly Care," DEP - series of economic working papers 7/2011, University of Genoa, Research Doctorate in Public Economics.
- Hassink, Wolter H.J. & Van den Berg, Bernard, 2011.
"Time-bound opportunity costs of informal care: Consequences for access to professional care, caregiver support, and labour supply estimates,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 73(10), pages 1508-1516.
- Hassink, Wolter & van den Berg, Bernard, 2011. "Time-Bound Opportunity Costs of Informal Care: Consequences for Access to Professional Care, Caregiver Support, and Labour Supply Estimates," IZA Discussion Papers 5433, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marcén, Miriam & Molina, José Alberto, 2009.
"Informal Caring-Time and Caregiver Satisfaction,"
17739, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shinya Sugawara & Jiro Nakamura, 2013. "Is Elderly Care Socialized in Japan? Analyzing the Effects of the 2006 Amendment to the LTCI on the Female Labor Supply," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-888, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Lilly, Meredith B. & Laporte, Audrey & Coyte, Peter C., 2010. "Do they care too much to work? The influence of caregiving intensity on the labour force participation of unpaid caregivers in Canada," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 895-903, December.
- Meghan Skira, 2012.
"Dynamic Wage and Employment Effects of Elder Parent Care,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
792, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 16 Aug 2013.
- Meghan Skira, 2013. "Dynamic Wage and Employment Effects of Elder Parent Care," 2013 Meeting Papers 79, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Alain Paraponaris & Bérengère Davin & Pierre Verger, 2012. "Formal and informal care for disabled elderly living in the community: an appraisal of French care composition and costs," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 327-336, June.
- Andreas Kotsadam, 2012. "The employment costs of caregiving in Norway," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 269-283, December.
- Kuhn, Michael & Nuscheler, Robert, 2011. "Optimal public provision of nursing homes and the role of information," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 795-810, July.
- Annika Meng, 2010. "Long-term Care Responsibility and its Opportunity Costs," Ruhr Economic Papers 0168, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.