Market integration in network industries
AbstractWhat is the effect of product market integration on the market equilibrium in the presence of international network externalities in consumption? To address this question, we set up a spatial two-country model and we find that the economic forces at work may have an ambiguous effect on prices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 12 (2008)
Issue (Month): 25 ()
Contact details of provider:
Other versions of this item:
- Ana, MAULEON & Vincent, VANNETELBOSCH & Cecilia, VERGARI, 2008. "Market integration and network industries," Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques) 2008018, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- MAULEON, Ana & VANNETELBOSCH, Vincent & VERGARI, Cecilia, 2008. "Market integration in network industries," CORE Discussion Papers 2008025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- MAULEON, Ana & VANNETELBOSCH, Vincent & VERGARI, Cecilia, . "Market integration in network industries," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2071, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gandal, Neil & Shy, Oz, 2001.
"Standardization policy and international trade,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 363-383, April.
- Toru Kikuchi & Kazumichi Iwasa, 2007. "Indirect Network Effects and Trade Patterns," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(24), pages 1-9.
- Janeba, Eckhard, 2007. "International trade and consumption network externalities," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 781-803, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.