Employment and Regional Development in Italy
AbstractThis article presents a comparison of the evolution of employment rates by sector in Italy with the European Union averages. We analyse the main causes of the differences of the rates of non-agrarian employment, between northern and southern regions, as well as the inter-relation between the evolution of employment and the spatial distribution of population, by means of inter-regional econometric models, bearing in mind the inter-relation between industry and services and the role of other factors that explain the evolution of regional development. The period of analysis is 1960-2000 for national data and 1985-1995 for regional data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Euro-American Association of Economic Development in its journal Applied Econometrics and International Development.
Volume (Year): 2 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guisan, M.C. & Frias, I., 2002.
"An Interregional Econometric Model for Market Services Employment in 120 EEC Regions,"
51, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics..
- Guisan, M.C. & Frias, I., 1995. "An Interregional Econometric Model for Market Services Employment in 120 EEC Regions," Faculty of Economics 01, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Faculty of Economics, Applied Econometric and Quantitative Studies.
- M.Carmen Guisan & Eva Aguayo & A. David Carballas, 2004. "Human Capital, Industry, Tourism and Economic Development of EU25 Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa04p468, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask M. Carmen Guisan to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.