Human Capital, Industry, Tourism and Economic Development of EU25 Regions
AbstractThe role of human capital, industry and tourism in regional development is analysed by means of econometric models with data of both EU15 and the ten countries of the 2004´s Enlargement. The study points to the need to improve economic policies at EU level, in order to increase production in the less developed regions and to get a higher degree of socio-economic convergence among EU regions. We analyse the main measures that have shown a positive impact on regional development during the last years.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Regional Science Association in its series ERSA conference papers with number ersa04p468.
Date of creation: Aug 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2005-11-09 (European Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2005-11-09 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-TUR-2005-11-09 (Tourism Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laurence Nayman & Deniz Ünal-Kesenci, 2001. "The French-German Productivity Comparison Revisited : Ten Years after the German Unification," Working Papers 2001-14, CEPII research center.
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Aguayo, Eva, 2001. "Employment and regional development in Germany," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 1(2), pages 59-90.
- Oleh Havrylyshyn, 2001. "Recovery and Growth in Transition: A Decade of Evidence," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 48(4), pages 4.
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Aguayo, Eva, 2002. "Employment and Regional Development in Italy," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 2(1), pages 41-72.
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Frias, Isidro, 1996.
"Economic growth and social welfare in the European regions,"
9, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics..
- Guisan, M.C. & Frias, I., 1997. "Economic Growth and Social Welfare in the European Regions," Faculty of Economics 10, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Faculty of Economics, Applied Econometric and Quantitative Studies.
- Daniel Gros & Marc Suhrcke, 2000.
"Ten years after: what is special about transition countries?,"
56, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Office of the Chief Economist.
- Daniel Gros & Marc Suhrcke, 2000. "Ten Years After: What is Special about Transition Countries?," CESifo Working Paper Series 327, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gros, Daniel & Suhrcke, Marc, 2000. "Ten years after : what is special about transition countries?," HWWA Discussion Papers 86, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Yuri Andrienko & Sergei Guriev, 2003.
"Determinants of interregional mobility in Russia: evidence from panel data,"
w0027, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Yuri Andrienko & Sergei Guriev, 2003. "Determinants of Interregional Mobility in Russia: Evidence from Panel Data," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 551, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Andrienko, Yuri & Guriev, Sergei, 2003. "Determinants of Interregional Mobility in Russia: Evidence from Panel Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 3835, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fabiani, S. & Pellegrini, G., 1997. "Education, Infrastructure, Geography and Growth: An Empirical Analysis of the Development of Italian Provinces," Papers 323, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Aguayo, Eva, 2001. "Employment and regional development in France," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 1(1), pages 63-92.
- M.Carmen Guisan & M.Teresa Cancelo, 2004. "Wages, Employment and Productivity in EU and USA," ERSA conference papers ersa04p460, European Regional Science Association.
- Aguayo, Eva & Expósito, Pilar & Vázquez, Emilia, 2009. "Tourism in EU Transition Countries," Estudios Economicos de Desarrollo Internacional, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(2), pages 125-128.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.