Analysis of the Behavior Mergermarket in the Conditions the Financial Crisis
AbstractThis paper presents the first results of a research project which has the aims to identify the problems appearing during the preparation of mergers in compliance with valid Czech regulations and to analyze economic causes and consequences of mergers. At the first stage it was necessary to compile a basic dataset in a structure needed for a statistical analysis. The aim of the study is to explore, both theoretically and empirically, the effect of the financial crisis on the activity of company mergers in the conditions of the Czech economy. The temporal range of the study is the last 10 years, i.e. 2001–2010, when two financial crises occurred. The results of the analysis pointed out two main factors affecting the activities in the area of company mergers which took place during the last decade. At the next stage of the study, the research methodology will concentrate on the assessment of the economic efficiency of implemented mergers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in its journal Economics and Applied Informatics.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: No. 59-61, Nicolae Balcescu Street, Postal Code 800008, Galati
Phone: (0040) 336.130.242
Fax: (0040) 336.130.242
Web page: http://www.feaa.ugal.ro
More information through EDIRC
Company transformations; Types of mergers; Financial crisis; Merger development; Affecting factors;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E30 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- F01 - International Economics - - General - - - Global Outlook
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edouard Challe & Xavier Ragot, 2007.
"Bubbles and self-fulfilling crises,"
PSE Working Papers, HAL
- Edouard Challe & Xavier Ragot, 2006. "Bubbles and Self-fulfilling Crises," 2006 Meeting Papers, Society for Economic Dynamics 254, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gerhard Kling & Utz Weitzel, 2010.
"Endogenous mergers: bidder momentum and market reaction,"
Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 243-254.
- Gerhard Kling & G.U. Weitzel, 2009. "Endogenous mergers: bidder momentum and market reaction," Working Papers, Utrecht School of Economics 09-22, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Martynova, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2006.
"The Performance of the European Market for Corporate Control: Evidence from the 5th Takeover Wave,"
Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center
2006-029, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Martynova, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2006. "The Performance of the European Market for Corporate Control: Evidence from the 5th Takeover Wave," Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research 2006-118, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gianina Mihai).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.