Pre-Tender Offer Share Acquisition Strategy in Takeovers
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 29 (1994)
Issue (Month): 01 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Loyola, Gino, 2012. "Optimal and efficient takeover contests with toeholds," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 203-216.
- Carroll, Carolyn & Griffith, John M., 2010. "Toeholds, rejected offers, and bidder gains: Do rebuffed bidders put targets in play to profit from their toeholds?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 214-221, May.
- Jorge Farinha & Francisco Miranda, 2003. "Run-up, toeholds, and agency effects in mergers and acquisitions: evidence from an emerging market," CEF.UP Working Papers 0311, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Martin, Anna D. & Whyte, Ann Marie, 2007. "Partial acquisitions, the acquisition probability hypothesis, and the abnormal returns to partial targets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 3080-3101, October.
- Burkart, Mike & Gromb, Denis & Panunzi, Fausto, 2005.
"Minority Blocks and Takeover Premia,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5240, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mike Burkart & Denis Gromb & Fausto Panunzi, 2006. "Minority Blocks and Takeover Premia," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 162(1), pages 32-49, March.
- Samuel Lee & Christian At & Mike Burkart, 2007.
"Security-Voting Structure and Bidder Screening,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp575, Financial Markets Group.
- S. Ravid & Matthew Spiegel, 1999. "Toehold Strategies, Takeover Laws And Rival Bidders," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm112, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jan 2001.
- Ravid, S. Abraham & Spiegel, Matthew, 1999. "Toehold strategies, takeover laws and rival bidders," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1219-1242, August.
- Goldman, Eitan & Qian, Jun, 2005. "Optimal toeholds in takeover contests," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 321-346, August.
- Asquith, Daniel & Kieschnick, Robert, 1999. " An Examination of Initial Shareholdings in Tender Offer Bids," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 171-88, March.
- Bris, Arturo, 2002. "Toeholds, takeover premium, and the probability of being acquired," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 227-253, July.
- Han T.J. Smit & Ward A. van den Berg & Wouter De Maeseneire, 2004.
"Acquisitions as a Real Options Bidding Game,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
04-084/2, Tinbergen Institute, revised 23 Feb 2005.
- H. T.J. Smit & W. A. Van Den Berg & W. De Maeseneire, 2005. "Acquisitions as a real options bidding game," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 05/289, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Mantecon, Tomas, 2009. "Mitigating risks in cross-border acquisitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 640-651, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.