Asymptotic Theory For Some High Breakdown Point Estimators
AbstractHigh breakdown point estimators in regression are robust against gross contamination in the regressors and also in the errors; the least median of squares (LMS) estimator has the additional property of packing the majority of the sample most tightly around the estimated regression hyperplane in terms of absolute deviations of the residuals and thus is helpful in identifying outliers. Asymptotics for a class of high breakdown point smoothed LMS estimators are derived here under a variety of conditions that allow for time series applications; joint limit processes for several smoothed estimators are examined. The limit process for the LMS estimator is represented via a generalized Gaussian process that defines the generalized derivative of the Wiener process.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 18 (2002)
Issue (Month): 05 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kotlyarova, Yulia & Zinde-Walsh, Victoria, 2006.
"Non- and semi-parametric estimation in models with unknown smoothness,"
Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 379-386, December.
- Yulia Kotlyarova & Victoria Zinde-Walsh, 2006. "Non And Semi-Parametric Estimation In Models With Unknown Smoothness," Departmental Working Papers 2006-15, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Taisuke Otsu & Myung Hwan Seo, 2014. "Asymptotics for maximum score method under general conditions," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2014/571, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Yulia Kotlyarova & Victoria Zinde-Walsh, 2006. "Robust Kernel Estimator For Densities Of Unknown," Departmental Working Papers 2005-05, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Francisco Alvarez-Cuadrado, 2006. "Improving The Efficiency And Robustness Of The Smoothed Maximum Score Estimator," Departmental Working Papers 2004-01, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Cizek, P., 2004. "Asymptotics of Least Trimmed Squares Regression," Discussion Paper 2004-72, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Cizek, P., 2006. "Efficient Robust Estimation of Regression Models (Replaced by DP 2007-87)," Discussion Paper 2006-8, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Sunil Sapra, 2003. "High-breakdown point estimation of some regression models," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(14), pages 875-878.
- Preminger, Arie & Franck, Raphael, 2007.
"Forecasting exchange rates: A robust regression approach,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 71-84.
- PREMINGER, Arie & FRANCK, Raphael, . "Forecasting exchange rates: a robust regression approach," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1917, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- PREMINGER, Arie & FRANCK, Raphael, 2005. "Forecasting exchange rates: a robust regression approach," CORE Discussion Papers 2005025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- ZINDE-WALSH, Victoria, 2005. "Kernel Estimation when Density Does Not Exist," Cahiers de recherche 09-2005, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Cizek, P., 2007. "General Trimmed Estimation: Robust Approach to Nonlinear and Limited Dependent Variable Models (Replaced by DP 2007-65)," Discussion Paper 2007-1, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Zinde-Walsh, Victoria, 2008. "Kernel Estimation When Density May Not Exist," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(03), pages 696-725, June.
- Cizek, P., 2007. "Efficient Robust Estimation of Regression Models (Revision of DP 2006-08)," Discussion Paper 2007-87, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Cizek, P., 2007. "General Trimmed Estimation: Robust Approach to Nonlinear and Limited Dependent Variable Models (Replaces DP 2007-1)," Discussion Paper 2007-65, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.