Non And Semi-Parametric Estimation In Models With Unknown Smoothness
AbstractMany asymptotic results for kernel-based estimators were established under some smoothness assumption on density. For cases where smoothness assumptions that are used to derive unbiasedness or asymptotic rate may not hold we propose a combined estimator that could lead to the best available rate without knowledge of density smoothness. A Monte Carlo example confirms good performance of the combined estimator.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by McGill University, Department of Economics in its series Departmental Working Papers with number 2006-15.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2006
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Kotlyarova, Yulia & Zinde-Walsh, Victoria, 2006. "Non- and semi-parametric estimation in models with unknown smoothness," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 379-386, December.
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Horowitz, Joel L, 1992. "A Smoothed Maximum Score Estimator for the Binary Response Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(3), pages 505-31, May.
- Pagan,Adrian & Ullah,Aman, 1999.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521586115, April.
- Zinde-Walsh, Victoria, 2002. "Asymptotic Theory For Some High Breakdown Point Estimators," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(05), pages 1172-1196, October.
- Yulia Kotlyarova & Marcia M. A. Schafgans & Victoria Zinde‐Walsh, 2011.
"Adapting kernel estimation to uncertain smoothness,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
42015, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Yulia Kotlyarova & Marcia M Schafgans & Victoria Zinde-Walsh, 2011. "Adapting Kernel Estimation to Uncertain Smoothness," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2011/557, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Xiaohong Chen & David T. Jacho-Chavez & Oliver Linton, 2012. "Averaging of moment condition estimators," CeMMAP working papers CWP26/12, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Antoine, Bertille & Renault, Eric, 2012.
"Efficient minimum distance estimation with multiple rates of convergence,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 170(2), pages 350-367.
- Bertille Antoine & Eric Renault, 2012. "Efficient Minimum Distance Estimation with Multiple Rates of Convergence," Discussion Papers dp12-03, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- D. F. Benoit & D. Van Den Poel, 2010. "Binary quantile regression: A Bayesian approach based on the asymmetric Laplace density," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 10/662, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- SCHAFGANS, Marcia M.A. & ZINDE-WALSH, Victoria, 2007.
"Robust Average Derivative Estimation,"
Cahiers de recherche
12-2007, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shama Rangwala) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Shama Rangwala to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.