Discrimination and Performance Differentials in the National Hockey League
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Toronto Press in its journal Canadian Public Policy.
Volume (Year): 13 (1987)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Toronto Press Journals Division 5201 Dufferin Street Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3H 5T8
Web page: http://economics.ca/cpp/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Coulombe, Serge & Lavoie, Marc, 1985. "Les francophones dans la ligue nationale de hockey : une analyse économique de la discrimination," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 61(1), pages 73-92, mars.
- Rainer Knopff, 1986. "On Proving Discrimination: Statistical Methods and Unfolding Policy Logics," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 12(4), pages 573-583, December.
- Becker, Gary S., 1971. "The Economics of Discrimination," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226041162, Enero-Jun.
- Peter J. Sloane, 2000. "The Regulation of Professional Team Sports," IASE Conference Papers 0003, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Boucher, Michel, 1984. "Les Canadiens français dans la ligue nationale de hockey : une analyse statistique," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 60(3), pages 308-325, septembre.
- William D. Walsh, 1992. "The Entry Problem of Francophones in the National Hockey League: A Systemic Interpretation," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 18(4), pages 443-460, December.
- Robert C. McLean & Michael R. Veall, 1992. "Performance and Salary Differentials in the National Hockey League," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 18(4), pages 470-475, December.
- Marc Lavoie & Gilles Grenier & Serge Coulombe, 1992. "Performance Differentials in the National Hockey League: Discrimination Versus Style-of-Play Thesis," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 18(4), pages 461-469, December.
- Marc Lavoie & Gilles Grenier & Serge Coulombe, 1989. "Discrimination versus English Proficiency in the National Hockey League: A Reply," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 15(1), pages 98-101, March.
- Peter A. Groothuis & J. Richard Hill, 2004.
"Exit Discrimination in the NBA: A Duration Analysis of Career Length,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(2), pages 341-349, April.
- Johnny Ducking & Peter A. Groothuis & James Richard Hill, 2013. "Exit Discrimination in the NFL: A Duration Analysis of Career Length," Working Papers 13-10, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.