Análisis de Derechos Contingentes: Aplicación a Casas Comerciales
AbstractThe Contingent Claim Analysis (CCA) is a useful tool for the risk analysis of listed companies. In this paper, we present the application of CCA to the department-store firms listed on the Chilean stock market. We obtain two main results: (1) the simplified version of distance to default proposed by BystrÃ¶m (2007) works for these firms, and (2) the distance to default found for this group of firms can be related to macroeconomic variables such as unemployment rate, output growth, and interest rate.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Central Bank of Chile in its journal Economía Chilena: Notas de Investigación Técnica.
Volume (Year): 13 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Other versions of this item:
- Rodrigo Alfaro & Natalia Gallardo, 2009. "Análisis de Derechos Contingentes: Aplicación a Casas Comerciales," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile, Central Bank of Chile 535, Central Bank of Chile.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vladimir Yankov & Egon Zakrajsek & Simon Gilchrist, 2009.
"Credit Market Shocks and Economic Fluctuations: Evidence from Corporate Bond and Stock Markets,"
2009 Meeting Papers, Society for Economic Dynamics
514, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gilchrist, Simon & Yankov, Vladimir & Zakrajsek, Egon, 2009. "Credit market shocks and economic fluctuations: Evidence from corporate bond and stock markets," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 471-493, May.
- Simon Gilchrist & Vladimir Yankov & Egon Zakrajsek, 2009. "Credit Market Shocks and Economic Fluctuations: Evidence from Corporate Bond and Stock Markets," NBER Working Papers 14863, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Felipe Zurita, 2008. "La Predicción de la Insolvencia de Empresas Chilenas," Documentos de Trabajo, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad CatÃ³lica de Chile. 336, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Ke Wang & Darrell Duffie, 2004. "Multi-Period Corporate Failure Prediction With Stochastic Covariates," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings, Econometric Society 745, Econometric Society.
- Crouhy, Michel & Galai, Dan & Mark, Robert, 2000. "A comparative analysis of current credit risk models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 59-117, January.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973.
"On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates,"
Working papers, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management
684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974. "On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-70, May.
- Darrell Duffie & Ke Wang, 2004. "Multi-Period Corporate Failure Prediction with Stochastic Covariates," NBER Working Papers 10743, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrigo A. Alfaro. & Andrés Sagner & Carmen G. Silva, 2011. "Aplicaciones del Modelo Binomial para el Análisis de Riesgo," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile, Central Bank of Chile 631, Central Bank of Chile.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Sepulveda).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.