Aplicaciones del Modelo Binomial para el Análisis de Riesgo
AbstractIn this paper we analyze two risk measures using the Binomial Model. In one case we show that the distance-to-default measure is indeed a Z-statistic. In an empirical application we estimate the probability of default for Chilean banks. Our second measure is a pseudo implied volatility which is obtained from a question. From a small survey we find that results are consistent with market values. Finally, we consider the worst case scenario analysis applied to Value at Risk and to callable bonds.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Central Bank of Chile in its series Working Papers Central Bank of Chile with number 631.
Date of creation: May 2011
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rodrigo Alfaro A. & Natalia Gallardo S. & Camilo Vio G., 2010.
"Análisis de Derechos Contingentes: Aplicación a Casas Comerciales,"
Notas de Investigación Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy),
Central Bank of Chile, vol. 13(1), pages 73-82, April.
- Rodrigo Alfaro & Natalia Gallardo, 2009. "Análisis de Derechos Contingentes: Aplicación a Casas Comerciales," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 535, Central Bank of Chile.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-70, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Rodrigo A. Alfaro & Carmen Gloria Silva, 2008. "Volatilidad de Indices Accionarios: El caso del IPSA," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 45(132), pages 217-233.
- Rodrigo Alfaro & Andrés Sagner, 2009. "When RSI met the Binomial-Tree," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 520, Central Bank of Chile.
- Dale J. Poirier, 1995. "Intermediate Statistics and Econometrics: A Comparative Approach," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262161494, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Sepulveda).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.