Travailleurs maghrébins et portugais en France. Le poids de l'origine
AbstractThis paper analyses the relative position of French, Portuguese and North African workers in the French labour market. We notably show that given the sex, the qualification, the potential experience, the localisation and the sector of activity, Portuguese have a lower propensity of being unemployed, a lower duration of unemployment and higher wages than natives, whereas North African are disadvantaged according to all these criteria. We analyse how specificities of the communities regarding the French fluency, the real experience, the propensity to return and the density of the community network are likely to explain these differences.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue économique.
Volume (Year): 56 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-economique.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chloé Tavan, 2006. "Migration and Careers: a Longitudinal Approach," Economie et Statistique, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, vol. 393, pages 81-100, November.
- Claudia Senik & Thierry Verdier, 2011.
"Segregation, entrepreneurship and work values: the case of France,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 1207-1234, October.
- Senik, Claudia & Verdier, Thierry, 2008. "Segregation, Entrepreneurship and Work Values: The Case of France," IZA Discussion Papers 3319, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Claudia Senik & Thierry Verdier, 2007. "Segregation, entrepreneurship and work values: the case of France," PSE Working Papers halshs-00587718, HAL.
- Jean-Louis Pan Ké Shon, 2006. "Mobilités internes différentielles en quartiers sensibles et ségrégation," Working Papers 137, Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED).
- Nong Zhu & Cécile Batisse, 2011. "L'effet des politiques sociales sur l'emploi des nouveaux immigrants à Montréal :une analyse longitudinale et conjoncturelle," Working Papers halshs-00554261, HAL.
- Nong Zhu & Cecile Batisse, 2014. "L’effet des politiques sociales sur l’emploi des nouveaux immigrants à Montréal," CIRANO Working Papers 2014s-05, CIRANO.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.