L'évolution de l'écart salarial de genre dans l'Union européenne
AbstractThe purpose of this study is to estimate the wage gap for the European countries during five consecutive years and to split this gender gap in parts explained and unexplained by differences in personal endowments between men and women. The results indicate that the gender wage gap is the most important in Germany, Austria, and United Kingdom and the smallest in Italy, Portugal, Spain, Belgium, and Denmark. The second finding is that the unexplained part seems to be negatively correlated with the level of the gender wage gap. Finally, the gender wage gap seems to diminish in all countries.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles in its journal Cahiers Economiques de Bruxelles.
Volume (Year): 45 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Danièle Meulders & Robert Plasman & François Rycx, 2005.
"Les inégalités salariales de genre : expliquer l'injustifiable ou justifier l'inexplicable,"
Reflets et perspectives de la vie économique,
De Boeck Université, vol. 0(2), pages 95-107.
- Danièle Meulders & Sile Padraigin O'Dorchai & Robert Plasman, 2007. "Les inégalités salariales de genre :expliquer l'injustifiable ou justifier l'inexplicable," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/92402, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- François Rycx & Danièle Meulders & Robert Plasman, 2005. "Les inégalités salariales de genre: expliquer l'injustifiable ou justifier l'inexplicable," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/5623, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.