On The Dynamics Of Lending And Deposit Interest Rates In Emerging Markets: A Non-Linear Approach
AbstractThis paper studies the dynamics of lending and deposit rates in two emerging markets in Latin America: Colombia and Mexico. The dynamics of lending (deposit) interest rates are driven by the exogenous interbank interest rate and deviations from the long-run lending-interbank (deposit-interbank) interest rate relationship. Allowing for different interest rate behavior during periods characterized by large and small values of the spread, the non-linear specification proves superior to the linear one.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by De Gruyter in its journal Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 6 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.degruyter.com
Other versions of this item:
- Ana María Iregui & Costas Milas & Jesus Otero, 2002. "On the dynamics of lending and deposit interest rates in emerging markets:a non-linear approach," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 02-29, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Ana María Iregui & Costas Milas & Jesus Otero, 2002. "On the dynamics of lending and deposit interest rates in emerging markets:a non-linear approach," Public Policy Discussion Papers 02-29, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Ana María Iregui & Costas Milas & Jesús Otero, 2001. "On the dynamics of lending and deposit interest rates in emerging markets: a non-linear approach," BORRADORES DE INVESTIGACIÃN 003297, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Liliana Rojas-Suárez & Steven R. Weisbrod, 1996. "Building Stability in Latin American Financial Markets," Research Department Publications 4028, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- repec:fth:inadeb:320 is not listed on IDEAS
- Terasvirta, T & Anderson, H M, 1992. "Characterizing Nonlinearities in Business Cycles Using Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(S), pages S119-36, Suppl. De.
- Kuan-Min Wang, 2010. "Expected and Unexpected Impulses of Monetary Policy on the Interest Pass-Through Mechanism in Asian Countries," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 11(1), pages 95-137, May.
- Wang, Kuan-Min & Lee, Yuan-Ming, 2009. "Market volatility and retail interest rate pass-through," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1270-1282, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.