Grant Assistance and Small Firm Development in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Scottish Economic Society in its journal Scottish Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 48 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0036-9292
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Roper, Stephen & Hewitt-Dundas, Nola, 1999. "Grant Assistance and Small Firm Development in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa396, European Regional Science Association.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- Valentina Adorno & Cristina Bernini & Guido Pellegrini, 2007. "The Impact of Capital Subsidies: New Estimations under Continuous Treatment," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 66(1), pages 67-92, March.
- Takis Venetoklis, 2001. "Business Subsidies and Bureaucratic Behaviour - A Revised Approach," Research Reports 83, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Mark Hart & Stephen Roper, 2003. "Modelling the Effects of Public Support to Small Firms in the UK - Paradise Gained?," ERSA conference papers ersa03p413, European Regional Science Association.
- Kangasharju, Aki & Venetoklis, Takis, 2002. "Effect of business subsidies on labour demand: overall evaluation with regional extensions," ERSA conference papers ersa02p172, European Regional Science Association.
- Anahí Briozzo & Clara Cardone-Riportella, 2012. "Evaluating the Impact of Public Programs of Financial Aid to SMEs during times of crisis: The Spanish Experience," Working Papers 12.04, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Financial Economics and Accounting (former Department of Business Administration).
- Greene, Francis, 2012. "Should the focus of publicly provided small business assistance be on start-ups or growth businesses?," Occasional Papers 12/2, Ministry of Economic Development, New Zealand.
- Roper, Stephen & Arvanitis, Spyros, 2012.
"From knowledge to added value: A comparative, panel-data analysis of the innovation value chain in Irish and Swiss manufacturing firms,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 1093-1106.
- Stephen Roper & Spyros Arvanitis, 2009. "From Knowledge to Added Value: A Comparative, Panel-data Analysis of the Innovation Value Chain in Irish and Swiss Manufacturing Firms," KOF Working papers 09-244, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Hewitt-Dundas, Nola & Roper, Stephen, 2008. "Ireland's Innovation Performance: 1991 to 2005," Quarterly Economic Commentary: Special Articles, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), vol. 2008(2-Summer), pages pages 46-68.
- Takis Venetoklis, 2001. "Business Subsidies and Bureaucratic Behaviour," Research Reports 79, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Cerqua, Augusto & Pellegrini, Guido, 2014. "Do subsidies to private capital boost firms' growth? A multiple regression discontinuity design approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 114-126.
- repec:pab:wpbsad:12.08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roper, Stephen & Du, Jun & Love, James H., 2008. "Modelling the innovation value chain," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6-7), pages 961-977, July.
- Stephen Roper, 2004. "Job Creation and Destruction in Northern Ireland - 1973-1993," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 35(2), pages 183â218.
- Takis Venetoklis & Aki Kangasharju, 2002. "Business Subsidies and Employment of Firms: Overall Evaluation and Regional Extension," Discussion Papers 268, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Bah, El-hadj & Brada, Josef C. & Yigit, Taner, 2011. "With a little help from our friends: The effect of USAID assistance on SME growth in a transition economy," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 205-220, June.
- Barrett, Alan & Kearney, Ide & O'Brien, Martin, 2008. "Quarterly Economic Commentary, Summer 2008," Forecasting Report, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number QEC20082, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.