Optimum Welfare and Maximum Revenue Tariffs under Oligopoly
AbstractA well-known proposition in conventional trade theory, H. G. Johnson (1951-52), is that the maximum revenue tariff exceeds the optimum welfare tariff. The purpose of this paper is to show that under oligopoly the optimum welfare tariff may exceed the maximum revenue tariff due to the profit-shifting effect. Copyright 1991 by Scottish Economic Society.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Scottish Economic Society in its journal Scottish Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 38 (1991)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0036-9292
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Collie & Roger Clarke, 2006.
"Export Taxes under Bertrand Duopoly,"
AccessEcon, vol. 6(6), pages 1-8.
- Leahy, Dermot & Neary, J Peter, 2010.
"Oligopoly and Trade,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8172, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dermot Leahy & J. Peter Neary, 2010. "Oligopoly And Trade," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n215-10.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Peter Neary & Dermot Leahy, 2010. "Oligopoly and Trade," Economics Series Working Papers 517, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Dinlersoz, Emin & Dogan, Can, 2010. "Tariffs versus anti-dumping duties," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 436-451, June.
- Leonard F. S. Wang & Wei Zhao & Ya -Chin Wang, 2008. "Strategic Trade Policy in Bargaining over Managerial Delegation Competition," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(38), pages 1-8.
- COLLIE, David R. & VANDENBUSSCHE, Hylke, .
"Tariffs and the Byrd amendment,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1890, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2006:i:6:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leonard Wang & Ya-Chin Wang & Lihong Zhao, 2009. "Market Share Delegation and Strategic Trade Policy," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 49-56, March.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2008:i:38:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Leonard F.S. & Lee, Jen-Yao, 2012. "Domestic entry, optimum-welfare and maximum-revenue tariffs," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 106-109.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.