Optimum Welfare and Maximum Revenue Tariffs under Oligopoly
AbstractA well-known proposition in conventional trade theory, H. G. Johnson (1951-52), is that the maximum revenue tariff exceeds the optimum welfare tariff. The purpose of this paper is to show that under oligopoly the optimum welfare tariff may exceed the maximum revenue tariff due to the profit-shifting effect. Copyright 1991 by Scottish Economic Society.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Scottish Economic Society in its journal Scottish Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 38 (1991)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0036-9292
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leonard F. S. Wang & Wei Zhao & Ya -Chin Wang, 2008. "Strategic Trade Policy in Bargaining over Managerial Delegation Competition," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(38), pages 1-8.
- David Collie & Roger Clarke, 2006.
"Export Taxes under Bertrand Duopoly,"
AccessEcon, vol. 6(6), pages 1-8.
- Leonard Wang & Ya-Chin Wang & Lihong Zhao, 2009. "Market Share Delegation and Strategic Trade Policy," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 49-56, March.
- Collie, David R. & Vandenbussche, Hylke, 2006.
"Tariffs and the Byrd amendment,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 750-758, September.
- Peter Neary & Dermot Leahy, 2010.
"Oligopoly and Trade,"
Economics Series Working Papers
517, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Leahy, Dermot & Neary, J Peter, 2010. "Oligopoly and Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 8172, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dermot Leahy & J. Peter Neary, 2010. "Oligopoly And Trade," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n215-10.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Leonard Wang & Jen-yao Lee & Chin-shu Huang, 2012. "Maximum-Revenue and Optimum-Welfare Tariffs in International Mixed Duopoly: Does the Order of Firms’ Move Matter?," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 273-283, September.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2006:i:6:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Leonard F.S. & Lee, Jen-Yao, 2012. "Domestic entry, optimum-welfare and maximum-revenue tariffs," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 106-109.
- Dinlersoz, Emin & Dogan, Can, 2010. "Tariffs versus anti-dumping duties," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 436-451, June.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2008:i:38:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.