Bootstrapping unit root tests for integrated processes
AbstractIn this paper, we consider two bootstrap algorithms for testing unit roots under the condition that the observed process is unit root integrated. The first method consists of generating the resampled data after fitting an autoregressive model to the first differences of the observations. The second method consists of applying the stationary bootstrap to the first differences. Both procedures are shown to give methods that approach the correct asymptotic distribution under the null hypothesis of a unit root. We also present a Monte-Carlo study comparing the two methods for some ARIMA models. Copyright 2003 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Time Series Analysis.
Volume (Year): 24 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (01)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0143-9782
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Palm, Franz C. & Smeekes, Stephan & Urbain, Jean-Pierre, 2006.
"Bootstrap Unit Root Tests: Comparison and Extensions,"
015, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Franz C. Palm & Stephan Smeekes & Jean-Pierre Urbain, 2008. "Bootstrap Unit-Root Tests: Comparison and Extensions," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 371-401, 03.
- Urbain, Jean-Pierre & Palm, Franz C. & Smeekes, Stephan, 2008. "Bootstrap unit root tests: comparison and extensions," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-22288, Maastricht University.
- Psaradakis, Zacharias, 2006. "Blockwise bootstrap testing for stationarity," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(6), pages 562-570, March.
- Stephan Smeekes, 2013.
"Detrending Bootstrap Unit Root Tests,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 32(8), pages 869-891, November.
- Lokshin, Boris, 2008.
"A Monte Carlo comparison of alternative estimators for dynamic panel data models,"
Open Access publications from Maastricht University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-20505, Maastricht University.
- Boris Lokshin, 2007. "A Monte Carlo comparison of alternative estimators for dynamic panel data models," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 15-18.
- Lokshin, Boris, 2006. "Monte-Carlo comparison of alternative estimators for dynamic panel data models," Research Memoranda 014, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Stephan Smeekes & A. M. Robert Taylor, 2010.
"Bootstrap union tests for unit roots in the presence of nonstationary volatility,"
10/03, University of Nottingham, Granger Centre for Time Series Econometrics.
- Smeekes, Stephan & Taylor, A.M. Robert, 2012. "Bootstrap Union Tests For Unit Roots In The Presence Of Nonstationary Volatility," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(02), pages 422-456, April.
- Smeekes Stephan & Taylor A. M. Robert, 2010. "Bootstrap Union Tests for Unit Roots in the Presence of Nonstationary Volatility," Research Memoranda 015, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Paparoditis, Efstathios & Politis, Dimitris N., 2005. "Bootstrap hypothesis testing in regression models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(4), pages 356-365, October.
- Hwang, Eunju & Shin, Dong Wan, 2012. "Strong consistency of the stationary bootstrap under ψ-weak dependence," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 488-495.
- Parker, Cameron & Paparoditis, Efstathios & Politis, Dimitris N., 2006. "Unit root testing via the stationary bootstrap," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 601-638, August.
- Hwang, Eunju & Shin, Dong Wan, 2012. "Stationary bootstrap for kernel density estimators under ψ-weak dependence," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 1581-1593.
- Shin, Dong Wan & Hwang, Eunju, 2013. "Stationary bootstrapping for cointegrating regressions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 474-480.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.