Pre-test Estimation and Testing in Econometrics: Recent Developments
AbstractThis paper surveys a range of important developments in the area of preliminary-test inference in the context of econometric modeling. Both pre-test estimation and pre-test testing are discussed. Special attention is given to recent contributions and results. These include analyses of pre-test strategies under model misspecification and generalized regression errors; exact sampling distribution results; and pre-testing inequality constraints on the model's parameters. In many cases, practical advice is given to assist applied econometricians in appraising the relative merits of pre-testing. It is shown that there are situations where pre-testing can be advantageous in practice. Copyright 1993 by Blackwell Publishers Ltd
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Economic Surveys.
Volume (Year): 7 (1993)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0950-0804
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Clarke, Judith A., 2008.
"On weighted estimation in linear regression in the presence of parameter uncertainty,"
Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 1-3, July.
- Judith A. Clarke, 2007. "On Weighted Estimation in Linear Regression in th Presence of Parameter Uncertainty," Econometrics Working Papers 0701, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Magnus, J.R. & Wang, W. & Zhang, Xinyu, 2012. "WALS Prediction," Discussion Paper 2012-043, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Noriah Al-Kandari & Sana Buhamra & S. E. Ahmed, 2007. "Testing and Merging Information for Effect Size Estimation," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 47-60.
- Danilov, D.L. & Magnus, J.R., 2002. "Estimation of the Mean of a Univariate Normal Distribution When the Variance is not Known," Discussion Paper 2002-77, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Lauren Bin Dong, 2004. "The Behrens-Fisher Problem: An Empirical Likelihood Ratio Approach," Econometrics Working Papers 0404, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- S. K. Sapra, 2003. "Pre-test estimation in Poisson regression model," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(9), pages 541-543.
- Badi H. BALTAGI & Peter EGGER & Michael PFAFFERMAYR, 2007.
"A Monte Carlo Study for Pure and Pretest Estimators of a Panel Data Model with Spatially Autocorrelated Disturbances,"
Annales d'Economie et de Statistique,
ENSAE, issue 87-88, pages 11-38.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2007. "A Monte Carlo Study for Pure and Pretest Estimators of a Panel Data Model with Spatially Autocorrelated Disturbances," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 98, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- David E. A. Giles, 2000. "Preliminary-Test and Bayes Estimation of a Location Parameter Under 'Reflected Normal' Loss," Econometrics Working Papers 0004, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Lauren Bin Dong, 2004. "Testing for structural Change in Regression: An Empirical Likelihood Ratio Approach," Econometrics Working Papers 0405, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Danilov, D.L. & Magnus, J.R., 2001. "On the Harm that Pretesting Does," Discussion Paper 2001-37, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Banerjee, A.N., 1997. "The Sensitivity of Estimates, Inferences and Forecasts of Linear Models," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-74329, Tilburg University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.