Labour market flexibility: what does Banque de France research tell us?
AbstractIn the euro area, nominal wage rigidities and the speed of disinflationary policy seem to be determinants of the “sacrifice ratio”. In France, wage changes are fairly frequent but largely predetermined, which creates rigidity; by contrast, they seem to be governed more by in-house agreements than by industry-wide agreements.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Banque de France in its journal Quarterly selection of articles - bulletin de la Banque de France.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): 10 (Winter)
flexibility; labour market; monetary policy; sacrifice ratio; structural policies; wage bargaining.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- J08 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics Policies
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aidt, T.S. & Tzannatos, Z., 2005. "The Cost and Benefits of Collective Bargaining," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0541, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Michael Rusinek & François Rycx, 2008.
"Rent-sharing under different bargaining regimes : Evidence from linked employer-employee data,"
Working Paper Research
152, National Bank of Belgium.
- Michael Rusinek & François Rycx, 2013. "Rent-Sharing under Different Bargaining Regimes: Evidence from Linked Employer–Employee Data," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 51(1), pages 28-58, 03.
- Michael Rusinek & François Rycx, 2013. "Rent-Sharing under Different Bargaining Regimes: Evidence from Linked Employer-Employee Data," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/167744, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Rusinek, Michael & Rycx, Francois, 2008. "Rent-Sharing under Different Bargaining Regimes: Evidence from Linked Employer-Employee Data," IZA Discussion Papers 3406, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Rusinek & François Rycx, 2009. "Rent-sharing under Different Bargaining Regimes: Evidence from Linked Employer-Employee Data," Working Papers CEB 09-004.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Michael Rusinek & François Rycx, 2008. "Rent-sharing under different bargaining regimes: evidence from linked employer-employee data," DULBEA Working Papers 08-09.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Giannoni & Michael Woodford, 2004.
"Optimal Inflation-Targeting Rules,"
in: The Inflation-Targeting Debate, pages 93-172
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fève, Patrick & Matheron, Julien & Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume, 2009.
"Disinflation Shocks in the Eurozone: a DSGE Perspective,"
TSE Working Papers
09-080, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Patrick Fève & Julien Matheron & Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2010. "Disinflation Shocks in the Eurozone: A DSGE Perspective," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(2-3), pages 289-323, 03.
- Fève, Patrick & Matheron, Julien & Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume, 2007. "Disinflation Shocks in the Eurozone: a DSGE Perspective," IDEI Working Papers 483, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Heckel, Thomas & Le Bihan, Hervé & Montornès, Jérémi, 2008.
"Sticky wages: evidence from quarterly microeconomic data,"
Working Paper Series
0893, European Central Bank.
- Hervé Le Bihan & Jérémi Montornès & Thomas Heckel, 2012. "Sticky Wages: Evidence from Quarterly Microeconomic Data," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 1-32, July.
- Heckel, T. & Le Bihan, H. & Montornès, J., 2008. "Sticky Wages. Evidence from Quarterly Microeconomic Data," Working papers 208, Banque de France.
- Noah Williams & Andrew Levin & Alexei Onatski, 2005.
"Monetary Policy under Uncertainty in Micro-Founded Macroeconometric Models,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2005
478, Society for Computational Economics.
- Andrew T. Levin & Alexei Onatski & John Williams & Noah M. Williams, 2006. "Monetary Policy Under Uncertainty in Micro-Founded Macroeconometric Models," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2005, Volume 20, pages 229-312 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew T. Levin & Alexei Onatski & John C. Williams & Noah Williams, 2005. "Monetary Policy Under Uncertainty in Micro-Founded Macroeconometric Models," NBER Working Papers 11523, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew T. Levin & Alexei Onatski & John C. Williams & Noah Williams, 2005. "Monetary policy under uncertainty in micro-founded macroeconometric models," Working Paper Series 2005-15, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Christofides, Louis N. & Peng, Chen, 2006.
"Contract duration and indexation in a period of real and nominal uncertainty,"
Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 61-86, February.
- Christofides, L. & Peng, C., 2004. "Contract Duration and Indexation in a Period of Real and Nominal Uncertainty," Working Papers 2004-3, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Louis Christofides & Amy Chen Peng, 2003. "Contract Duration and Indexation in a Period of Real and Nominal Uncertainty," CESifo Working Paper Series 994, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bullard, James & Keating, John W., 1995. "The long-run relationship between inflation and output in postwar economies," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 477-496, December.
- De la Rica Goiricelaya, Sara & González de San Román Rosado, Ainara, 2007. "The Impact of Firm Level Contracting on Wage Levels and Inequality: Spain 1995-2002," DFAEII Working Papers 2007-07, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Coffinet, G. & Matheron, J. & Poilly, C., 2007. "Estimating the sacrifice ratio for the euro area," Quarterly selection of articles - Bulletin de la Banque de France, Banque de France, issue 08, pages 5-34, Summer.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie-Christine Petit-Djemad).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.