Analysis of the Correlations Between Public Capital Investments and Economic Development in Romania
AbstractThis article aims to address the correlations between public capital investments and economic development in Romania. Firstly, it presents a brief literature review on the subject proposed for analysis, under which it can be assumed that public capital investments have a positive impact on production, employment, private sector and thus contribute to economic development. Also, we found some heterogeneity of results across country, regions and sectors. Secondly, it analysis the evolution of public capital investments and gross domestic product during 2006-2009 and also tests the relationship between this two variables, using a correlation coefficient, based on data from the general consolidated budget provided by The Ministry of Public Finance and also statistical data on GDP from National Institute of Statistics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by "Vasile Alecsandri" University of Bacau, Faculty of Economic Sciences in its journal Studies and Scientific Researches. Economics Edition.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 15 ()
Public capital investment; economic development; the general consolidated budget;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tamai, Toshiki, 2009. "Variety of products, public capital, and endogenous growth," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 251-255, January.
- Ertugrul Deliktas & A. Önder & Metin Karadag, 2009. "The spillover effects of public capital on the Turkish private manufacturing industries in the geographical regions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 365-378, June.
- David Alan Aschauer, 1997.
"Do States Optimize? Public Capital and Economic Growth,"
- David Alan Aschauer, 2000. "Do states optimize? Public capital and economic growth," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 343-363.
- David Alan Aschauer, 1997. "Do States Optimize?: Public Capital and Economic Growth," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_189, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Kawaguchi, Daiji & Ohtake, Fumio & Tamada, Keiko, 2009. "The productivity of public capital: Evidence from Japan's 1994 electoral reform," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 332-343, September.
- Coto-Martinez, Javier, 2006. "Public capital and imperfect competition," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1-2), pages 349-378, January.
- Yakita, Akira, 2004. "Elasticity of substitution in public capital formation and economic growth," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 391-408, September.
- Stefan Mittnik & Thorsten Neumann, 2001. "Dynamic effects of public investment: Vector autoregressive evidence from six industrialized countries," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 429-446.
- Shioji, Etsuro, 2001. " Public Capital and Economic Growth: A Convergence Approach," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 205-27, September.
- Alonso-Carrera, Jaime & Freire-Serén, María Jesús & Manzano, Baltasar, 2009. "Macroeconomic effects of the regional allocation of public capital formation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 563-574, September.
- Gregoriou, Andros & Ghosh, Sugata, 2009. "On the heterogeneous impact of public capital and current spending on growth across nations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 32-35, October.
- Camilla Mastromarco & Ulrich Woitek, 2006. "Public Infrastructure Investment and Efficiency in Italian Regions," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 57-65, 04.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bogdan Nichifor).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.