Regional Adjustment Response In The U.S. Dairy Sector To Changes In Milk Support Price
AbstractMilk production supply response at the regional level for the U.S. dairy sector is estimated through the use of dynamic dual models. Adjustment rates and elasticity measures are presented, and then the estimated parameter coefficients are used to stimulate shifts in production resulting from price changes. A drop in milk price designed to realign market conditions is projected to be borne largely by the Corn Belt and, to a lesser extent, the western states.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Western Agricultural Economics Association in its journal Western Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 15 (1990)
Issue (Month): 01 (July)
Agricultural and Food Policy; Livestock Production/Industries;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chambers, Robert G. & Lopez, Ramon E., 1984. "A General, Dynamic, Supply-Response Model," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 13(2), October.
- Gallant, A. Ronald & Jorgenson, Dale W., 1979. "Statistical inference for a system of simultaneous, non-linear, implicit equations in the context of instrumental variable estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2-3), pages 275-302.
- Vasavada, Utpal & Ball, V. Eldon, 1988. "A dynamic adjustment model for U.S. agriculture: 1948-79," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 123-137, October.
- Zepeda, Lydia & Butler, Leslie J. & Carter, Harold O., 1991. "Simulating Bst Introduction In California For Dairy Policy Analysis," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(02), December.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Patterson, Paul M., 1998.
"Dynamic Complementarity In Export Promotion: The Market Access Program In Fruits And Vegetables,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(02), December.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Patterson, Paul M., 1998. "Dynamic Complementarity In Export Promotion: The Market Access Program In Fruits And Vegetables," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20851, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Dicks, Michael R., 1996. "Regional Adjustment Costs: A Failure Of National Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(01), July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.