Agricultural Output Supply And Input Demand Relationships With Endogenous Land Rents
AbstractThis study analyzed supply functions for agricultural output and demand functions for factors of production for Georgia. These relationships were derived with duality theory from a normalized quadratic profit function. Land has been included in other duality studies as a fixed factor as opposed to an endogenous factor. In this study, the system of supply and demand equations was augmented with a supply equation for land, which allowed land rents to be an endogenous factor. Consequently it was possible to measure the impact of output and input prices on land rents.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its journal Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 21 (1989)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
Demand and Price Analysis;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Evenson, Robert E. & Landau, Daniel & Ballou, Dale, 1987. "Agricultural Productivity Measures for U.S. States 1950-82," Evaluating Agricultural Research and Productivity, Proceedings of a Workshop, Atlanta, Georgia, January 29-30, 1987, Miscellaneous Publication 52 50019, University of Minnesota, Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Appelbaum, Elie, 1979. "Testing price taking behavior," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 283-294, February.
- Dupraz, Pierre & Temesgen, Chalachew, 2012. "Farmland Rental Rate and Marginal Return to Land: A French FADN Perspective," 86th Annual Conference, April 16-18, 2012, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 134954, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Shumway, C. Richard, 1993.
"Production economics: Worthwhile investment?,"
Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 89-108, August.
- Shumway, C. Richard, 1993. "Production economics: Worthwhile investment?," Agricultural Economics: The Journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 9(2), August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.