A Farm To Retail Sectoral Analysis Of The Northeast Food Industry
AbstractPrevious studies analyzing the U.S. food industry have used national data and/or have focused on a particular sector of the industry. However, regional differences in resource endowments, income opportunities and population distribution imply that the impact of changing economic environment will not be the same for all regions. A farm to retail multiproduct sectoral model for the Northeast food industry is developed and estimated. This regional approach is used to analyze the effects of changes in exogenous variables on the Northeast region's food production and consumption. Empirical results are presented in terms of intrasectoral flexibilities and elasticities. Selected results from other regions are also presented and compared with the Northeast results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association in its journal Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
Volume (Year): 16 (1987)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Huang, Kuo S., 1985. "U.S. Demand for Food: A Complete System of Price and Income Effects," Technical Bulletins 157014, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Gempesaw, Conrado M., II & Dunn, Jerry W., 1987. "The Impact Of Higher Prices Of Nonfarm-Inputs To Food Processing And Distribution On Food Prices And Quantities," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 18(2), September.
- Gempesaw, Conrado M., II & Dunn, James W., 1986. "Technological Structure And Technical Change In The U.S. Northeast Farm Region," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 15(2), October.
- Blakley, Leo V., 1981. "Regional Markets For Agricultural And Food Products: Needed Research," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 13(01), July.
- Dunn, James W., 1981. "The Effect of Higher Energy Prices on the Competitive Position of Northeast Agriculture," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 10(2:), October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.