Particularities of retail occupations
AbstractThe gradual disappearance of barriers from the path of labour resources at worldwide level has a great contribution to amplification of anomalies of labour market, especially in structure and level of occupation and unemployment. The fluctuations of labour demand at international level are periodical and selective, and the required occupations imply an extremely high qualification or an unqualified work, fact that points out the lack of balance in labour domain. In consequence, the approach of employment must be made regarding the perspectives of national occupational structure, taking into account the tendencies and transformations from entire world. The aim of harmonization of Romania occupational structure with the one of European Union and the worldwide one imposes the concentration on main activities sectors that drive an economy to be competitive and creation of jobs and occupation specific to these sectors. The article brings out the problem of occupations from retail sector. It is presented the critical analysis of changes that took place in occupational system in general but also in retail in particular. The paper analyses also the occupational profile of retail employees from necessary competencies evolution point of view, identified by recent research of employers. A model that highlights the key areas of organization activities and retail store manager, contributing to sales of goods and services it is presented and examined from empirical point of view.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania in its journal The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal.
Volume (Year): 11 (2009)
Issue (Month): 25 (February)
occupational system; retail; "skills gaps"; occupations; retail manager; technological changes;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Angel de la Fuente & Antonio Ciccone, 2003.
"Human capital in a global and knowledge-based economy,"
70, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Angel de la Fuente & Antonio Ciccone, 2003. "Human capital in a global and knowledge-based economy," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 562.03, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Angel de la Fuente, 2003. "Human capital in a global and knowledge-based economy," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 576.03, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- BRINZEA VICTORIA MIHAELA & Oancea Olimpia, 2009. "Les Methodes De Mesurage De La Discrimination," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4(1), pages 96-101, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentin Dumitru).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.