The Quality of the KombiFiD-Sample of Enterprises from Manufacturing Industries: Evidence from a Replication Study
AbstractThis study tests whether the KombiFiD sample can be regarded as a high quality data set for empirical research on enterprises from manufacturing industries. It performs an empirical investigation using the original data in a first step and replicates exactly this investigation using the KombiFiD sample in a second step. For West Germany a comparison of the results based the original data and on the KombiFiD sample points to by and large highly similar results. Contrary to this the big picture is not in favour of the quality of the KombiFiD sample for East Germany where the KombiFiD sample is too small and differences between the results based on this sample and the original data are too large to suggest the use of the KombiFiD data in empirical investigations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Duncker & Humblot, Berlin in its journal Schmollers Jahrbuch.
Volume (Year): 132 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.duncker-humblot.de
Other versions of this item:
- Joachim Wagner, 2011. "The Quality of the KombiFiD-Sample of Enterprises from Manufacturing Industries: Evidence from a Replication Study," Working Paper Series in Economics 217, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ulrich Kaiser & Joachim Wagner, 2008.
"Neue Möglichkeiten zur Nutzung vertraulicher amtlicher Personen- und Firmendaten,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9(3), pages 329-349, 08.
- Ulrich Kaiser & Joachim Wagner, 2007. "Neue Möglichkeiten zur Nutzung vertraulicher amtlicher Personen- und Firmendaten," Working Paper Series in Economics 48, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Joachim Wagner, 2006. "Politikrelevante Folgerungen aus Analysen mit Firmendaten der Amtlichen Statistik," Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 126(3), pages 359-374.
- Pfeifer, Christian & Wagner, Joachim, 2012.
"Is Innovative Firm Behavior Correlated with Age and Gender Composition of the Workforce? Evidence from a New Type of Data for German Enterprises,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7050, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Pfeifer & Joachim Wagner, 2012. "Is innovative firm behavior correlated with age and gender composition of the workforce? Evidence from a new type of data for German enterprises," Working Paper Series in Economics 256, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Pfeifer, Christian & Wagner, Joachim, 2012. "Is innovative firm behavior correlated with age and gender composition of the workforce? Evidence from a new type of data for German enterprises," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 291, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gabriele Freudenmann).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.