On Estimating the Effect of Co-Determination on Personnel Turnover
AbstractThis article discusses earlier work by Frick (1996) on the impact of works councils on turnover in Germany. It turns out that his econometric methodology can be improved in several ways. Additionally the number of dismissals can be extended by including fixed term contracts that are not prolongated. Recalculating by use of his data shows that his results are very sensitive to changes in the econometric methodology as well as with respect to the contruction of variables.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Duncker & Humblot, Berlin in its journal Schmollers Jahrbuch.
Volume (Year): 126 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.duncker-humblot.de
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laszlo Goerke & Markus Pannenberg, 2010.
"Trade Union Membership and Dismissals,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3196, CESifo Group Munich.
- Laszlo Goerke & Markus Pannenberg, 2010. "Trade Union Membership and Dismissals," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 324, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Goerke, Laszlo & Pannenberg, Markus, 2010. "Trade Union Membership and Dismissals," IZA Discussion Papers 5222, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Boris Hirsch & Thorsten Schank & Claus Schnabel, 2009.
"Works Councils and Separations: Voice, Monopoly, and Insurance Effects,"
075, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Hirsch, Boris & Schank, Thorsten & Schnabel, Claus, 2009. "Works Councils and Separations: Voice, Monopoly, and Insurance Effects," IZA Discussion Papers 4126, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hirsch, Boris & Schank, Thorsten & Schnabel, Claus, 2009. "Work councils and separations: voice, monopoly, and insurance effects," Discussion Papers 62, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gabriele Freudenmann).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.