Interpreting the Tariff–Growth Correlation of the Late 19th Century
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 92 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Krueger, Anne O, 1997.
"Trade Policy and Economic Development: How We Learn,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Anne O. Krueger, 1997. "Trade Policy and Economic Development: How We Learn," NBER Working Papers 5896, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Estevadeordal, Antoni, 1997. "Measuring protection in the early twentieth century," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 89-125, April.
- O'Rourke, Kevin H, 2000.
"Tariffs and Growth in the Late 19th Century,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(463), pages 456-83, April.
- Niclas Berggren & Henrik Jordahl, 2005.
"Does free trade really reduce growth? Further testing using the economic freedom index,"
Springer, vol. 122(1), pages 99-114, January.
- Berggren, Niclas & Jordahl, Henrik, 2003. "Does Free Trade Really Reduce Growth? Further Testing Using the Economic Freedom Index," Working Paper Series 2003:26, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Berggren, Niclas & Jordahl, Henrik, 2003. "Does free trade really reduce growth? Further testing using the economic freedom index," Ratio Working Papers 25, The Ratio Institute.
- Leslie Hannah, 2007. "Logistics, Market Size and Giant Plants in the Early 20th Century: A Global View," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-486, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Cassette, Aurélie & Farvaque, Etienne, 2009.
"Australian and American tariffs policies: do they rock or tango?,"
13507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cassette, Aurélie & Farvaque, Etienne, 2009. "Australian and American tariffs policies: do they rock or tango?," MPRA Paper 13627, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 25 Feb 2009.
- Randall Morck & Michael Percy & Gloria Tian & Bernard Yeung, 2004.
"The Rise and Fall of the Widely Held Firm - A History of Corporate Ownership in Canada,"
NBER Working Papers
10635, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall Morck & Michael Percy & Gloria Tian & Bernard Yeung, 2005. "The Rise and Fall of the Widely Held Firm: A History of Corporate Ownership in Canada," NBER Chapters, in: A History of Corporate Governance around the World: Family Business Groups to Professional Managers, pages 65-148 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala, 2010.
"Trade Liberalisation and The Poverty of Nations: A Review Article,"
Departmental Working Papers
2010-01, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Prema-Chandra Athukorala, 2011. "Trade Liberalisation and The Poverty of Nations: A Review Article," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(3), pages 533-543.
- Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2010. "When, Where, and Why? Early Industrialization in the Poor Periphery 1870-1940," NBER Working Papers 16344, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ploeckl, Florian, 2013. "The internal impact of a customs union; Baden and the Zollverein," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 387-404.
- Jakob Madsen, 2008.
"Trade Barriers, Openness, And Economic Growth,"
Development Research Unit Working Paper Series
27/08, Monash University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.