Endogenous Tariff Formation under Representative Democracy: A Probabilistic Voting Model
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 85 (1995)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bjerksund, Petter & Schjelderup, Guttorm, 1998. "The political economy of capital controls and tax policy in a small open economy," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 543-559, August.
- Mirabelle Muûls & Dimitra Petropoulou, 2008.
"A Swing-State Theory of Trade Protection in the Electoral College,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0849, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Mirabelle Muûls & Dimitra Petropoulou, 2013. "A swing state theory of trade protection in the Electoral College," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 46(2), pages 705-724, May.
- Dimitra Petropoulou & Mirabelle Muuls, 2007. "A Swing-State Theory of Trade Protection in the Electoral College," Economics Series Working Papers 372, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Hwang, Jinyoung & Jung, Kun-Oh, 2002. "Initial asset inequality and tariff formation: a cross-country analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 405-410, August.
- George Warskett & Stanley Winer & Walter Hettich, 1998. "The Complexity of Tax Structure in Competitive Political Systems," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 123-151, May.
- Siroën, Jean-Marc & Granger, Clotilde & Duc, Cindy, 2004. "Trade costs and democracy," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/6251, Paris Dauphine University.
- Laszlo Goerke & Markus Pannenberg & Heinrich Ursprung, 2010.
"A positive theory of the earnings relationship of unemployment benefits,"
Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 137-163, October.
- Goerke, Laszlo & Pannenberg, Markus & Ursprung, Heinrich W., 2007. "A Positive Theory of the Earnings Relationship of Unemployment Benefits," IZA Discussion Papers 3003, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Derek Pyne, 1997. "Microfoundations of Influencing Public Opinion Lobbying and Voting for Trade Policies," Working Papers 1997_03, York University, Department of Economics.
- Dolmas, Jim, 2014. "Almost orthogonal outcomes under probabilistic voting: A cautionary example," MPRA Paper 53628, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.