Top 25% Institutions and Economists in Ghana, as of August 2017
What this page is about
This page is part of a larger set of rankings for research items, serial, individuals and institutions made available on this site. A FAQ is available. Additional detail specific to this particular ranking are:
- Only authors registered with the RePEc Author Service are considered.
- Only works listed on RePEc and claimed as theirs by registered authors are counted.
- A series of rankings by different criteria are aggregated. The average rank score is determined by taking a harmonic mean of the ranks in each criterion. For a list of criteria, see the general ranking page.
- Authors with multiple affiliations are attributed to each according to the weights they have set to each in their profile, or by default according to a formula described here.
- Only institutions listed in EDIRC are counted.
- Authors affiliated with subentities of institutions listed in EDIRC are also counted in the latter.
- Subentities of ranked institutions do not increment the rank count and have their rank listed in parentheses.
- Authors with multiple affiliations have their score distributed across regions according to the affiliation shares they provided. The ranking is performed using the set of authors or institutions within the region, recomputing the scores within the set. The ranking done by simply looking up the worldwide ranking for those authors or institutions from this region is provided in the W.Rank column and put in [square brackets].
- Please note that rankings can depend on the number of registered authors in the respective institutions. Register at the RePEc Author Service to be counted.
- There are 7470 institutions with 50747 registered authors evaluated for all the rankings.
The rankingsAll institutions in this region.
Top 25% institutions in Ghana
|1||||Institute of Statistical, Social and Economic Research (ISSER), University of Ghana|
|2||||Department of Economics, University of Cape Coast|
Cape Coast, Ghana
|3||||Faculty of Accounting, Banking and Finance, University of Professional Studies Accra|
|4||||Department of Economics, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)|
|5||||Business School, Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)|
Top 25% authors in Ghana
|1||||Augustin Kwasi Fosu||1.08|
|2||||Philip Kofi Adom||2.96|
|3||||Samuel Kobina Annim||2.96|
|9||||Nicolas Depetris Chauvin||9.37|
|11||||Anokye Mohammed Adam |
School of Business, University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast
|13||||William M. Fonta||10.78|
|14||||Eric Fosu Oteng-Abayie||11.07|
|15||||Joseph Magnus Frimpong||13.94|
The data presented here is experimental. It is based on a limited sample of the research output in Economics and Finance. Only material catalogued in RePEc is considered. For any citation based criterion, only works that could be parsed by the CitEc project are considered. For any ranking of people, only those registered with the RePEc Author Service can be taken into account. And for rankings of institutions, only those listed in EDIRC and claimed as affiliation by the respective, registered authors can be measured. Thus, this list is by no means based on a complete sample. You can help making this more comprehensive by encouraging more publications to be listed (instructions) and more authors to register (form). For more details on the various rankings that are available as well for documentation, follow this link.
- Citations from CitEc project by José Manuel Barrueco Cruz, University of Valencia, Spain. Hardware provided by Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas (IVIE), Valencia, Spain.
- Abstract views and downloads statistics from LogEc project by Sune Karlsson, Örebro University, Sweden.
- Author registration by Ivan Kumanov, Minsk, Belarus.
- Institutions database and ranking computations by Christian Zimmermann, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- RePEc has been initiated by Thomas Krichel.