Pension and Social Security Wealth in the Health and Retirement Study
Together, pensions, social security and health insurance account for half of the wealth held by all households in the Health and Retirement Study (HRS), for 60 percent of total wealth of HRS households who are in the 45th to 55th wealth percentiles, and even for 48 percent of wealth for those in the 90th to 95th wealth percentiles. The HRS surveys households aged 51 to 61 in 1992, and obtains pension plan descriptions from respondents' employers. Pension accrual profiles, income and wealth distributions by type, wealth-income ratios and accrued wealth by pension status are also explored.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Wealth, Work, and Health: Innovations in Survey Measurement in the Social Sciences. Ed. Robert Willis. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1999: 150-208.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.pensionresearchcouncil.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ippolito, Richard A, 1985. "The Labor Contract and True Economic Pension Liabilities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(5), pages 1031-43, December.
- Andrew A. Samwick & Jonathan Skinner, 1998. "How Will Defined Contribution Pension Plans Affect Retirement Income?," NBER Working Papers 6645, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ann McDermed & Robert L. Clark & Steven G. Allen, 1989.
"Pension Wealth, Age-Wealth Profiles, and the Distribution of Net Worth,"
in: The Measurement of Saving, Investment, and Wealth, pages 689-736
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ann A. McDermed & Robert L. Clark & Steven G. Allen, 1987. "Pension Wealth, Age-Wealth Profiles and the Distribution of Net Worth," NBER Working Papers 2439, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Poterba, James M & Venti, Steven F & Wise, David A, 1994. "Targeted Retirement Saving and the Net Worth of Elderly Americans," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 180-85, May.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & John Karl Scholz, 1992.
"Private Saving and Public Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
4215, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan L. Gustman & Thomas L. Steinmeier, 1982. "Partial Retirement and Wage Profiles of Older Workers," NBER Working Papers 1000, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diamond, P. A. & Hausman, J. A., 1984. "Individual retirement and savings behavior," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 81-114.
- Olivia Mitchell & Jan Olson & Thomas Steinmeier, 1996.
"Construction of the Earnings and Benefits File (EBF) for Use With the Health and Retirement Survey,"
NBER Working Papers
5707, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivia S. Mitchell & Jan Olson & Thomas Steinmeier, . "Construction of the Earnings and Benefits File (EBF) for Use with the Health and Retirement Survey," Pension Research Council Working Papers 98-19, Wharton School Pension Research Council, University of Pennsylvania.
- Arthur B. Kennickell & Martha Starr-McCluer, 1996.
"Household saving and portfolio change: evidence from the 1983-89 SCF panel,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
96-18, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kennickell, Arthur B & Starr-McCluer, Martha, 1997. "Household Saving and Portfolio Change: Evidence from the 1983-89 SCF Panel," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 43(4), pages 381-99, December.
- Alan L. Gustman & F. Thomas Juster, 1995. "Income and Wealth of Older American Households: Modeling Issues for Public Policy Analysis," NBER Working Papers 4996, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:pennpr:97-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilary Farrell)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.