A Survey of Theories of the Family
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1.
- Rider, Robert, 1984. "The evolution of cooperation : Axelrod, Robert, (Basic Books, Inc., 1984) pp. 256, $17.95," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(3-4), pages 406-409.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lamia Kandil & Hélène Perivier, 2017. "La division sexuée du travail dans les couples selon le statut marital en France - une étude à partir des enquêtes emploi du temps de 1985-1986, 1998-1999, et 2009-2010," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2017-03, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Ryan Schacht & Karen L Kramer, 2016. "Patterns of Family Formation in Response to Sex Ratio Variation," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(8), pages 1-14, August.
- Yan Yu, 2015. "The Male Breadwinner/Female Homemaker Model and Perceived Marital Stability: A Comparison of Chinese Wives in the United States and Urban China," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 34-47, March.
- Sunnee Billingsley, 2010. "The Post-Communist Fertility Puzzle," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 29(2), pages 193-231, April.
- Marcén, Miriam & Molina, José Alberto & Morales, Marina, 2018.
"The effect of culture on the fertility decisions of immigrant women in the United States,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 15-28.
- Marcén, Miriam & Molina, Jose Alberto & Morales, Marina, 2016. "The effect of culture on the fertility decisions of immigrant women in the United States," MPRA Paper 75511, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peggy Barlett & Linda Lobao & Katherine Meyer, 1999. "Diversity in attitudes toward farming and patterns of work among farm women: A regional comparison," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 16(4), pages 343-354, December.
- Michael E. Martell & Peyton Nash, 2020. "For Love and Money? Earnings and Marriage Among Same-Sex Couples," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 260-294, September.
- Luis Garicano & Thomas N. Hubbard, 2016.
"The Returns to Knowledge Hierarchies,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(4), pages 653-684.
- Thomas Hubbard & Luis Garicano, 2007. "The Return to Knowledge Hierarchies," Working Papers 07-01, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Luis Garicano & Thomas N. Hubbard, 2007. "The Return to Knowledge Hierarchies," NBER Working Papers 12815, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garicano, Luis & Hubbard, Thomas, 2007. "The Return to Knowledge Hierarchies," CEPR Discussion Papers 6077, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Garicano, Luis & Hubbard, Thomas N., 2016. "The returns to knowledge hierarchies," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 68590, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Macher, JT & Mayo, JW & Ukhaneva, O & Woroch, GA, 2017. "From universal service to universal connectivity," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7jp5v5nz, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Cigno, Alessandro & Rosati, Furio C. & Guarcello, Lorenzo, 2002. "Does Globalization Increase Child Labor?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1579-1589, September.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Xiaokai Yang & Dingsheng Zhang, 1999.
"Trade Pattern and Economic Development when Endogenous and Exogenous Comparative Advantages Coexist,"
CID Working Papers
03A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Yang, X. & Sachs, J.D. & Zhang, D., 1999. "Trade Pattern and Economic Development when Endogenous and Exogenous Comparative Advantage Coexist," Papers 3, Chicago - Graduate School of Business.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Xiaokai Yang & Dingsheng Zhang, 1999. "Trade Pattern and Economic Development when Endogenous and Exogenous Comparative Advantages Coexist," CID Working Papers 3, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Toru Yoshikawa & Abdul A. Rasheed, 2010. "Family Control and Ownership Monitoring in Family‐Controlled Firms in Japan," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 274-295, March.
- Kasey Buckles & Melanie Guldi & Joseph Price, 2011.
"Changing the Price of Marriage: Evidence from Blood Test Requirements,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 46(3), pages 539-567.
- Kasey S. Buckles & Melanie E. Guldi & Joseph Price, 2009. "Changing the Price of Marriage: Evidence from Blood Test Requirements," NBER Working Papers 15161, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smriti Rao & Kade Finnoff, 2015. "Marriage Migration and Inequality in India, 1983–2008," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 41(3), pages 485-505, September.
- James Smith, 1989. "Children Among the Poor," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 26(2), pages 235-248, May.
- Petit, Michel, 1988. "Presidential Address," 1988 Conference, August 24-31, 1988, Buenos Aires, Argentina 183061, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Azarnert, Leonid V., 2010.
"Immigration, fertility, and human capital: A model of economic decline of the West,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 431-440, December.
- Leonid V. Azarnert, 2010. "Immigration, Fertility, and Human Capital: A Model of Economic Decline of the West," CESifo Working Paper Series 3025, CESifo.
- Leonid V. Azarnert, 2010. "Immigration, fertility and human capital: A model of economic decline of the West," Working Papers 2010-04, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Fletschner, Diana K., 2000. "Enhancing Rural Women'S Access To Capital: Why It Is Important And How It Can Be Done. The Case Of Colombia," Staff Papers 12640, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Natasha V. Pilkauskas, 2012. "Instability in Three-Generation Family Households and Child Wellbeing," Working Papers 1429, Princeton University, School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- James J. Heckman, 2015.
"Introduction to A Theory of the Allocation of Time by Gary Becker,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 0(583), pages 403-409, March.
- Heckman, James J., 2014. "Introduction to A Theory of the Allocation of Time by Gary Becker," IZA Discussion Papers 8424, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
More about this item
- J0 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:michec:_027. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/edumius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.