Financiarización, empleo y salario en la UE: el impacto de las nuevas estrategias empresariales
The aim of this paper is to analyze how the process of financialization experienced by the EU economies since 1980, has changed the strategies of large non-financial corporations, thereby altering the pattern of wage growth and job creation. To this end, we analyze the link between financialization and the changes occurred in the distribution of profits, investment decisions, corporate restructuring and new forms of remuneration related to employee shareholding participation. This change in business strategies has resulted –directly or indirectly– in slower rates of job creation, erosion of bargaining power of employees and greater wage restraint.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Finca Mas Ferre, Campus de Somosaguas, 28223 Madrid|
Phone: +34 913942495
Fax: 34 91 394 24 87
Web page: https://www.ucm.es/icei/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales. Finca Mas Ferre Campus de Somosaguas 28223 Madrid|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nathalie Coutinet & Dominique Sagot-Duvauroux, 2003. "Économie des fusions et acquisitions," Post-Print hal-01418448, HAL.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2004.
"Financialisation and the slowdown of accumulation,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 719-741, September.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2000. "Financialization and the Slowdown of Accumulation," Working Papers geewp14, Vienna University of Economics and Business Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Özgür Orhangazi, 2008. "Financialization and the US Economy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12927.
- Goyer, Michel, 2002. "The transformation of corporate governance in France and Germany: The role of workplace institutions," MPIfG Working Paper 02/10, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Mark J. Roe, 2001. "Les conditions politiques au développement de la firme managériale," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 4(1), pages 123-182, March.
- François Morin, 1998. "La rupture du modèle français de détention et de gestion des capitaux," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 50(6), pages 111-132. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucm:wpaper:1004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Águeda González Abad)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.