Using rough sets to predict insolvency of Spanish non-life insurance companies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dimitras, A. I. & Slowinski, R. & Susmaga, R. & Zopounidis, C., 1999. "Business failure prediction using rough sets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 263-280, April.
- Nurmi, Hannu & Kacprzyk, Janusz & Fedrizzi, Mario, 1996. "Probabilistic, fuzzy and rough concepts in social choice," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 264-277, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- McKee, Thomas E. & Lensberg, Terje, 2002. "Genetic programming and rough sets: A hybrid approach to bankruptcy classification," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 138(2), pages 436-451, April.
- Thomas E. Mckee, 2000. "Developing a bankruptcy prediction model via rough sets theory," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(3), pages 159-173, September.
- Sanchis, A. & Segovia, M.J. & Gil, J.A. & Heras, A. & Vilar, J.L., 2007. "Rough Sets and the role of the monetary policy in financial stability (macroeconomic problem) and the prediction of insolvency in insurance sector (microeconomic problem)," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(3), pages 1554-1573, September.
- Mak, Brenda & Munakata, Toshinori, 2002. "Rule extraction from expert heuristics: A comparative study of rough sets with neural networks and ID3," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 212-229, January.
- Thomas E. McKee, 2003. "Rough sets bankruptcy prediction models versus auditor signalling rates," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(8), pages 569-586.
- Beynon, Malcolm J. & Peel, Michael J., 2001. "Variable precision rough set theory and data discretisation: an application to corporate failure prediction," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 561-576, December.
- Shrutika Mishra & A. R. Tripathi, 2021. "AI business model: an integrative business approach," Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Zopounidis, Constantin & Doumpos, Michael, 2001. "A preference disaggregation decision support system for financial classification problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 402-413, April.
- Haoming Wang & Xiangdong Liu, 2021. "Undersampling bankruptcy prediction: Taiwan bankruptcy data," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 16(7), pages 1-17, July.
- H. Ooghe & S. De Prijcker, 2006.
"Failure process and causes of company bankruptcy: a typology,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
06/388, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Ooghe, H. & De Prijcker, S., 2006. "Failure processes and causes of company bankruptcy: a typology," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2006-21, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- Beynon, Malcolm J., 2005. "A novel technique of object ranking and classification under ignorance: An application to the corporate failure risk problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 167(2), pages 493-517, December.
- du Jardin, Philippe & Séverin, Eric, 2011.
"Predicting corporate bankruptcy using a self-organizing map: An empirical study to improve the forecasting horizon of a financial failure model,"
44262, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- P. Du Jardin & E. Séverin, 2011. "Predicting Corporate Bankruptcy Using Self-Organising map: An empirical study to Improve the Forecasting horizon of financial failure model," Post-Print hal-00801878, HAL.
- Salvatore Barbagallo & Simona Consoli & Nello Pappalardo & Salvatore Greco & Santo Zimbone, 2006. "Discovering Reservoir Operating Rules by a Rough Set Approach," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 20(1), pages 19-36, February.
- Wolfgang K. Härdle & Rouslan A. Moro & Dorothea Schäfer, 2004. "Rating Companies with Support Vector Machines," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 416, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Taheri, Mozhdeh & van Geenhuizen, Marina, 2016. "Teams' boundary-spanning capacity at university: Performance of technology projects in commercialization," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 31-43.
- FayÃ§al Mraihi, 2016. "Distressed Company Prediction Using Logistic Regression: Tunisianâ€™s Case," Quarterly Journal of Business Studies, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 2(1), pages 34-54.
- Zopounidis, C., 1999. "Multicriteria decision aid in financial management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 404-415, December.
- Razieh Nejabat & Marina Van Geenhuizen, 2019. "Entrepreneurial Risk-Taking in Sustainable Energy: University Spin-Off Firms and Market Introduction in Northwest Europe," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(24), pages 1-23, December.
- García-Gallego, Ana & Mures-Quintana, María-Jesús, 2013. "La muestra de empresas en los modelos de predicción del fracaso: influencia en los resultados de clasificación || The Sample of Firms in Business Failure Prediction Models: Influence on Classification," Revista de Métodos Cuantitativos para la Economía y la Empresa = Journal of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, vol. 15(1), pages 133-150, June.
- Ping-Feng Pai & Fong-Chuan Lee, 2010. "A Rough Set Based Model in Water Quality Analysis," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 24(11), pages 2405-2418, September.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness failure; Insolvency; Insurance companies; Rough set; Discriminant analysis.;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2003-02-18 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IAS-2003-02-18 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2003-02-18 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucm:doctra:03-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/feucmes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Águeda González Abad (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/feucmes.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.