Spectral Risk Measures: Properties and Limitations
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kevin Dowd & John Cotter & Ghulam Sorwar, 2008. "Spectral Risk Measures: Properties and Limitations," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 61-75, August.
- Kevin Dowd & John Cotter & Ghulam Sorwar, 2011. "Spectral Risk Measures: Properties and Limitations," Papers 1103.5674, arXiv.org.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cotter, John & Dowd, Kevin, 2006.
"Extreme spectral risk measures: An application to futures clearinghouse margin requirements,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 3469-3485, December.
- Cotter, JOhn & Dowd, Kevin, 2006. "Extreme Spectral Risk Measures: An Application to Futures Clearinghouse Margin Requirements," MPRA Paper 3505, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Cotter & Kevin Dowd, 2011. "Extreme Spectral Risk Measures: An Application to Futures Clearinghouse Margin Requirements," Papers 1103.5653, arXiv.org.
- John Cotter & Kevin Dowd, 2011. "Extreme Spectral Risk Measures: An Application to Futures Clearinghouse Margin Requirements," Working Papers 200516, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:83:y:2017:i:c:p:70-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arıkan, Emel & Fichtinger, Johannes, 2017. "The risk-averse newsvendor problem under spectral risk measures: A classification with extensions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 256(1), pages 116-125.
- Brandtner, Mario & Kürsten, Wolfgang, 2014. "Solvency II, regulatory capital, and optimal reinsurance: How good are Conditional Value-at-Risk and spectral risk measures?," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 156-167.
- Brandtner, Mario & Kürsten, Wolfgang, 2014. "Decision making with Conditional Value-at-Risk and spectral risk measures: The problem of comparative risk aversion," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100615, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Sorwar, Ghulam & Pappas, Vasileios & Pereira, John & Nurullah, Mohamed, 2016. "To debt or not to debt: Are Islamic banks less risky than conventional banks?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(S), pages 113-126.
- Mario Brandtner, 2016. "“Spectral Risk Measures: Properties and Limitations”: Comment on Dowd, Cotter, and Sorwar," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 121-131, February.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:264:y:2018:i:2:p:707-716 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brandtner, Mario & Kürsten, Wolfgang, 2015. "Decision making with Expected Shortfall and spectral risk measures: The problem of comparative risk aversion," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 268-280.
- Okolewski, A. & Kaluszka, M., 2015. "Stability of expected L-statistics against weak dependence of observations," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 157-164.
- Wächter, Hans Peter & Mazzoni, Thomas, 2013. "Consistent modeling of risk averse behavior with spectral risk measures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 229(2), pages 487-495.
- Mario Brandtner, 2016. "Spektrale Risikomaße: Konzeption, betriebswirtschaftliche Anwendungen und Fallstricke," Management Review Quarterly, Springer;Vienna University of Economics and Business, vol. 66(2), pages 75-115, April.
- Kaluszka, Marek & Okolewski, Andrzej, 2011. "Stability of L-statistics from weakly dependent observations," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(5), pages 618-625, May.
- Takashi Kato, 2017. "Asymptotic Analysis for Spectral Risk Measures Parameterized by Confidence Level," Papers 1711.07335, arXiv.org.
- Marcin Fałdziński & Magdalena Osińska & Tomasz Zdanowicz, 2012. "Detecting Risk Transfer in Financial Markets using Different Risk Measures," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 4(1), pages 45-64, March.
More about this item
Keywordscoherent risk measures; spectral risk measures; exponential utility; power utility;
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2010-04-24 (Business Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2010-04-24 (Risk Management)
- NEP-UPT-2010-04-24 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucd:wpaper:200839. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geary Tech). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/geucdie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.