In Search of a Reasonable Credit Growth Rate for Turkey
This study presents a cross-country analysis of credit growth and draws implications for Turkey. Similar credit deepening phases in other countries suggest that an average of 15 percent annual credit growth would be reasonable and healthy in the medium-term.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Head Office, Istiklal Cad. 10 Ulus, 06100 Ankara|
Phone: (90 312) 507 5000
Fax: (90 312) 507 5640
Web page: http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Hakan Kara, 2012. "Monetary Policy in Turkey After the Global Crisis," Working Papers 1217, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Marco E. Terrones, 2008.
"An anatomy of credit booms: evidence from macro aggregates and micro data,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
936, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Marco E. Terrones, 2008. "An Anatomy Of Credit Booms: Evidence From Macro Aggregates And Micro Data," NBER Working Papers 14049, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marco Terrones & Enrique G. Mendoza, 2008. "An Anatomy of Credit Booms; Evidence From Macro Aggregates and Micro Data," IMF Working Papers 08/226, International Monetary Fund.
- Erdem Başçı & Hakan Kara, 2011. "Finansal istikrar ve para politikası," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 26(302), pages 9-25.
- Òscar Jordà & Moritz Schularick & Alan M. Taylor, 2010.
"Financial Crises, Credit Booms, and External Imbalances: 140 Years of Lessons,"
NBER Working Papers
16567, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Òscar Jordà & Moritz Schularick & Alan M Taylor, 2011. "Financial Crises, Credit Booms, and External Imbalances: 140 Years of Lessons," IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 59(2), pages 340-378, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tcb:econot:1303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.