Self-Selection and Optimal In-Kind Transfers
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henry Ohlsson & Michael Lundholm, 1998. "Wages, taxes and publicly provided day care," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 11(2), pages 185-204.
- Thum, Claudio & Thum, Marcel, 2001. " Repeated Interaction and the Public Provision of Private Goods," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 103(4), pages 625-643, December.
- Miller, Stephen M. & Neanidis, Kyriakos C., 2015.
"Demographic transition and economic welfare: The role of in-cash and in-kind transfers,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 84-92.
- Stephen M. Miller & Kyriakos Neanidis, 2014. "Demographic Transition and Economic Welfare: The Role of In-Cash and In-Kind Transfers," Working papers 2014-24, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Hoel, Michael & Saether, Erik Magnus, 2003.
"Public health care with waiting time: the role of supplementary private health care,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 599-616, July.
- Michael Hoel & Erik Magnus SÃ¦ther, 2001. "Public Health Care with Waiting Time: The Role of Supplementary Private Health Care," CESifo Working Paper Series 562, CESifo Group Munich.
- Zohal Hessami & Silke Uebelmesser, 2016. "A political-economy perspective on social expenditures: corruption and in-kind versus cash transfers," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 71-100, February.
- Conning, Jonathan & Kevane, Michael, 2002. "Community-Based Targeting Mechanisms for Social Safety Nets: A Critical Review," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 375-394, March.
- Balestrino, Alessandro, 1999. " User Charges as Redistributive Devices," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 1(4), pages 511-524.
- Alessandro Balestrino, 2000. "Mixed Tax Systems and the Public Provision of Private Goods," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 7(4), pages 463-478, August.
- Earl L. Grinols & Peri Silva, 2012. "Intervention Efficiency, Incentive Symmetry, and Information," Development Working Papers 334, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 16 Jul 2012.
- Sören Blömquist & Vidar Christiansen, 1998.
"Price Subsidies Versus Public Provision,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 5(3), pages 283-306, July.
- Sören Blomquist & Vidar Christiansen, "undated". "Price Subsidies versus Public Provision," EPRU Working Paper Series 97-08, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Blomquist, Sören & Christiansen, Vidar, 1997. "Price Subsidies versus Public Provision," Working Paper Series 1997:12, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:ecogov:v:17:y:2016:i:1:p:71-100 is not listed on IDEAS
- d'Andria, Diego, 2008. "The Debate on the Sustainability of Social Spending," MPRA Paper 11745, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edward N. Wolff & Ajit Zacharias, 2003. "The Levy Institute Measure of Economic Well-Being," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_372, Levy Economics Institute.
- Ethan M.J. Lieber & Lee M. Lockwood, 2017.
"Targeting with In-kind Transfers: Evidence from Medicaid Home Care,"
wp359, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Ethan M.J. Lieber & Lee M. Lockwood, 2018. "Targeting with In-kind Transfers: Evidence from Medicaid Home Care," NBER Working Papers 24267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luciano G. Greco, 2011.
"Optimal Redistribution with Productive Social Services,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 113(1), pages 55-73, March.
- Luciano Greco, 2006. "Optimal Redistribution With Productive Social Services," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0026, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Robin Boadway, 1998. "Redistributing Smarter: Self-Selection, Targeting and Non-Conventional Policy Instruments," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 24(3), pages 365-369, September.
- Simona GRASSI, 2006. "On the characteristics of a mixed system of provision of a private good. An application to health care," Departmental Working Papers 2006-14, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Zohal Hessami & Claudio Thum & Silke Uebelmesser, 2012. "A Political Economy Explanation for In-kind Redistribution: The Interplay of Corruption and Democracy," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2012-25, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Mattos, Enlinson & Terra, Rafael, 2016. "Cash-cum-in-kind transfers and income tax function," Textos para discussão 414, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Fabbri, Daniele & Monfardini, Chiara, 2009.
"Rationing the public provision of healthcare in the presence of private supplements: Evidence from the Italian NHS,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 290-304, March.
- Daniele Fabbri & Chiara Monfardini, 2006. "Rationing the Public Provision of Health Care in the Presence of Private Supplements: Evidence from the Italian NHS," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 06/14, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Daniele Fabbri & Chiara Monfardini, 2006. "Rationing The Public Provision Of Healthcare In The Presence Of Private Supplements: Evidence From The Italian Nhs," CHILD Working Papers wp21_06, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Janet Currie & Firouz Gahvari, 2008.
"Transfers in Cash and In-Kind: Theory Meets the Data,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 46(2), pages 333-383, June.
- Janet Currie & Firouz Gahvari, 2007. "Transfers in Cash and In Kind: Theory Meets the Data," NBER Working Papers 13557, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ethan M.J. Lieber & Lee M. Lockwood, 2013.
"Costs and Benefits of In-Kind Transfers: The Case of Medicaid Home Care Benefits,"
wp294, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Ethan M.J. Lieber & Lee M. Lockwood, 2017. "Targeting with In-kind Transfers: Evidence from Medicaid Home Care," Working Papers wp359, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Pinto, Santiago M., 2004. "Assistance to poor households when income is not observed: targeted in-kind and in-cash transfers," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 536-553, November.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Gahvari, Firouz, 1997. "In-kind transfers, self-selection and optimal tax policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 97-114, January.
- Calcott, Paul, 2000. "Health care evaluation, utilitarianism and distortionary taxes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 719-730, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:stl:stlewp:90/3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Liam Delaney). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/destiuk.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .