Sports Franchises, Stadiums, and City Livability: An Examination of Professional Sports and Crime Rates
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Robert Baumann & Bryan Engelhardt & Victor Matheson & Taylor Ciavarra, 2009. "Sports Franchises, Stadiums, and City Livability: An Examination of Professional Sports and Crime Rates," Working Papers 0913, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tucker, Irvin III & Amato, Louis, 1993. "Does big-time success in football or basketball affect SAT scores?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 177-181, June.
- McCormick, Robert E & Tensley, Maurice, 1987. "Athletics versus Academics? Evidence from SAT Scores," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(5), pages 1103-1116, October.
- Stefan Szymanski, 2003. "The Economic Design of Sporting Contests," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1137-1187, December.
- TA. Rhoads & S. Gerking, 2000. "Educational contributions, academic quality, and athletic success," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(2), pages 248-258, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joshua C. Hall & Hyunqoong Pyun, 2016. "Does the Presence of Professional Football Cause Crime in a City? Evidence from Pontiac, Michigan," Working Papers 16-02, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
More about this item
KeywordsCrime; Sports Economics; Economic Impact;
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R53 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Public Facility Location Analysis; Public Investment and Capital Stock
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-SPO-2010-10-16 (Sports & Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2010-10-16 (Tourism Economics)
- NEP-URE-2010-10-16 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spe:wpaper:0911. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaseeea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .