Innovation, Growth and Quality of Life: a Theoretical Model and an Estimate for the Italian Regions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- d'Agostino, Giorgio & Scarlato, Margherita, 2011. "Innovation, Growth and Quality of Life: a Theoretical Model and an Estimate for the Italian Regions," MPRA Paper 31939, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Roberta Capello & Andrea Caragliu & Peter Nijkamp, 2009. "Territorial Capital and Regional Growth: Increasing Returns in Cognitive Knowledge Use," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-059/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ravallion Martin, 2010.
"Do Poorer Countries Have Less Capacity for Redistribution?,"
Journal of Globalization and Development,
De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-31, December.
- Martin Ravallion, 2009. "Do Poorer Countries Have Less Capacity for Redistribution?," One Pager 97, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Martin Ravallion, 2011. "Do Poorer Countries Have Less Capacity for Redistribution?," One Pager Chinese 97, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2009. "Do poorer countries have less capacity for redistribution ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5046, The World Bank.
- Dani Rodrik, 2004. "Institutions and Economic Performance - Getting Institutions Right," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 2(2), pages 10-15, October.
- Thomas Farole & Andrés Rodríguez‐Pose & Michael Storper, 2011.
"Cohesion Policy in the European Union: Growth, Geography, Institutions,"
Journal of Common Market Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(5), pages 1089-1111, September.
- Thomas Farole & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Michael Storper, 2010. "Cohesion policy in the European Union: Growth, geography, institutions," Working Papers 2010-14, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Francesco Quatraro, 2009. "The diffusion of regional innovation capabilities: Evidence from Italian patent data," Post-Print halshs-00727623, HAL.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2013. "Do Institutions Matter for Regional Development?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(7), pages 1034-1047, July.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Partha Dasgupta, 2005. "Economics of Social Capital," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 81(s1), pages 2-21, August.
- Quatraro, Francesco, 2010.
"Knowledge coherence, variety and economic growth: Manufacturing evidence from Italian regions,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1289-1302, December.
- Francesco Quatraro, 2010. "Knowledge Coherence, Variety and economic Growth: Manufacturing Evidence from Italian Regions," Post-Print halshs-00727612, HAL.
- Vittorio Daniele, 2007. "Incentivi economici e disincentivi di contesto: gli investimenti esteri nel Mezzogiorno," RIVISTA DI ECONOMIA E STATISTICA DEL TERRITORIO, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2007(2), pages 5-34.
- Iammarino, Simona & Piva, Mariacristina & Vivarelli, Marco & Von Tunzelmann, Nick, 2009.
"Technological Capabilities and Patterns of Cooperation of UK Firms: A Regional Investigation,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4129, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Simona Iammarino & Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli & Nick Von Tunzelmann, 2010. "Technological capabilities and patterns of cooperation of UK firms: a regional investigation," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali Number: dises1058, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- David Roodman, 2009. "A Note on the Theme of Too Many Instruments," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 71(1), pages 135-158, February.
- Emanuela Marrocu & Raffaele Paci, 2012.
"Education or Creativity: What Matters Most for Economic Performance?,"
Clark University, vol. 88(4), pages 369-401, October.
- E. Marrocu & R. Paci, 2010. "Education or Creativity: what matters most for economic performance?," Working Paper CRENoS 201031, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- S. Lodde, 2007. "Human Capital And Productivity Growth In The Italian Regional Economies: A Sectoral Analysis," Working Paper CRENoS 200711, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Castellacci, Fulvio & Archibugi, Daniele, 2008.
"The technology clubs: The distribution of knowledge across nations,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1659-1673, December.
- Castellacci, Fulvio, 2008. "The technology clubs: the distribution of knowledge across nations," MPRA Paper 27597, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stefano Federico, 2010. "Outsourcing versus Integration at Home or Abroad," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 742, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Guido de Blasio & Giorgio Nuzzo, 2010. "Historical Traditions Of Civicness And Local Economic Development," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 833-857.
- Valeria Pupo & Francesco Aiello, 2009. "L'impatto della politica regionale dell'Unione Europea. Uno studio sulle regioni italiane," Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 421-454.
- Jones, Charles I, 1995. "R&D-Based Models of Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(4), pages 759-784, August.
- von Tunzelmann, Nick & Wang, Qing, 2007. "Capabilities and production theory," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 192-211, June.
- Stefano Fenoaltea, 2007. "I due fallimenti della storia economica: il periodo post-unitario," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 97(2), pages 341-358, March-Apr.
- Gasper, Des, 2010. "Understanding the diversity of conceptions of well-being and quality of life," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 351-360, June.
- Carina Hirsch & Giovanni Sulis, 2009.
"Schooling, Production Structure and Growth: An Empirical Analysis on Italian Regions,"
Rivista italiana degli economisti,
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 395-420.
- C. Hirsch & G. Sulis, 2008. "Schooling, Production Structure and Growth: An Empirical Analysis on Italian Regions," Working Paper CRENoS 200821, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Thomas M. Steger, 2005. "Welfare Implications of Non-scale R&D-based Growth Models," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 107(4), pages 737-757, December.
- Stefano Federico, 2010. "Outsourcing versus integration at home or abroad and firm heterogeneity," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 47-63, February.
- Eicher, Theo S & Turnovsky, Stephen J, 1999. "Non-scale Models of Economic Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(457), pages 394-415, July.
- Vicente Royuela & Rosina Moreno & Esther Vaya, 2010. "Influence of Quality of Life on Urban Growth: A Case Study of Barcelona, Spain," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(5), pages 551-567.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- d'Agostino, Giorgio & Scarlato, Margherita, 2012. "Inclusive Institutions, Innovation and Economic Growth: Estimates for European Countries," MPRA Paper 43098, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsDevelopment; Growth; Regional Disparities; Well-Being;
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-12-13 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-GEO-2011-12-13 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INO-2011-12-13 (Innovation)
- NEP-URE-2011-12-13 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rtr:wpaper:0138. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Telephone for information). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dero3it.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.