The New Regionalism and Policy Interdependence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Georgios Fotopoulos & Helen Louri, 2004. "Firm Growth and FDI: Are Multinationals Stimulating Local Industrial Development?," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 163-189, September.
- James R. Markusen, 2004.
"Multinational Firms and the Theory of International Trade,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262633078, January.
- Markusen, James R., 2002. "Multinational Firms and the Theory of International Trade," MPRA Paper 8380, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Buckley, Peter J & Dunning, John H & Pearce, Robert D, 1984. "An Analysis of the Growth and Profitability of the World's Largest Firms, 1972 to 1977," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(1), pages 3-26.
- John Sutton, 1997. "Gibrat's Legacy," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 40-59, March.
- John Cantwell & Franceses Sanna-Randaccio, 1993. "Multinationality and firm growth," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 129(2), pages 275-299, June.
- Markusen, James R., 1984. "Multinationals, multi-plant economies, and the gains from trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 205-226, May.
- Pfaffermayr, Michael, 2009.
"Conditional [beta]- and [sigma]-convergence in space: A maximum likelihood approach,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 63-78, January.
- Michael Pfaffermayr, 2007. "Conditional Beta- and Sigma-Convergence in Space: A Maximum Likelihood Approach," Working Papers 2007-17, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Bramoullé, Yann & Djebbari, Habiba & Fortin, Bernard, 2009.
"Identification of peer effects through social networks,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 150(1), pages 41-55, May.
- Yann Bramoullé & Habiba Djebbari & Bernard Fortin, 2007. "Identification of Peer Effects through Social Networks," Cahiers de recherche 0705, CIRPEE.
- Bramoullé, Yann & Djebbari, Habiba & Fortin, Bernard, 2007. "Identification of Peer Effects through Social Networks," IZA Discussion Papers 2652, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Bellak, 2004.
"How Domestic and Foreign Firms Differ and Why Does it Matter?,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(4), pages 483-514, September.
- Christian Bellak, 2004. "How Domestic and Foreign Firms Differ and Why Does It Matter?," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp087, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Bellak, Christian, 2004. "How Domestic and Foreign Firms Differ and Why Does It Matter?," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 862, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Cabral, Luis, 1995. "Sunk Costs, Firm Size and Firm Growth," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 161-172, June.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Gerard A. Pfann, 1996. "Adjustment Costs in Factor Demand," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(3), pages 1264-1292, September.
- René Belderbos & Jianglei Zou, 2007. "On the growth of foreign affiliates: multinational plant networks, joint ventures, and flexibility," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(7), pages 1095-1112, December.
- Luís M B Cabral & José Mata, 2003.
"On the Evolution of the Firm Size Distribution: Facts and Theory,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1075-1090, September.
- Cabral, Luís M B & Mata, José, 2001. "On the Evolution of the Firm Size Distribution: Facts and Theory," CEPR Discussion Papers 3045, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Variyam, Jayachandran N. & Kraybill, David S., 1992. "Empirical evidence on determinants of firm growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 31-36, January.
- Paul Geroski & Klaus Gugler, 2004. "Corporate growth convergence in Europe," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(4), pages 597-620, October.
- Harhoff, Dietmar & Stahl, Konrad & Woywode, Michael, 1998.
"Legal Form, Growth and Exit of West German Firms--Empirical Results for Manufacturing, Construction, Trade and Service Industries,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 453-488, December.
- Harhoff, Dietmar & Stahl, Konrad & Woywode, Michael, 1996. "Legal Form, Growth and Exit of West German Firms - Empirical Results for Manufacturing, Construction, Trade and Service Industries," CEPR Discussion Papers 1401, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- D.B. Audretsch & L. Klomp & E. Santarelli & A.R. Thurik, 2004.
"Gibrat's Law: Are the Services Different?,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 24(3), pages 301-324, May.
- Roy Thurik & Enrico Santarelli & David Audretsch & Luuk Klomp, 2002. "Gibrat's Law: Are the Services Different?," Scales Research Reports H200201, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Audretsch, D.B. & Klomp, L. & Thurik, A.R., 2002. "Gibrat's Law: are the services different?," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-04-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Slater, Martin, 1980. "The Managerial Limitation to the Growth of Firms," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(3593), pages 520-528, September.
- P. A. Geroski, 2005. "Understanding the implications of empirical work on corporate growth rates," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(2), pages 129-138.
- Charles F. Manski, 1993.
"Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: The Reflection Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 531-542.
- Manski, C.F., 1991. "Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: the Reflection Problem," Working papers 9127, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Susan Feinberg & Gordon Phillips, 2002. "Firm-Specific Resources, Financial-Market Development and the Growth of U.S. Multinationals," NBER Working Papers 9252, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blonigen, Bruce A. & Tomlin, KaSaundra, 2001.
"Size and growth of Japanese plants in the United States,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 931-952, May.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & KaSaundra Tomlin, 1999. "Size and Growth of Japanese Plants in the United States," NBER Working Papers 7275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Huber & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2010. "Testing for Conditional Convergence in Variance and Skewness: The Firm Size Distribution Revisited," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(5), pages 648-668, October.
- Evans, David S, 1987. "Tests of Alternative Theories of Firm Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(4), pages 657-674, August.
- Pennings, Enrico & Sleuwaegen, Leo, 2000. "International relocation: firm and industry determinants," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 179-186, May.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- P. Hart, 2000. "Theories of Firms' Growth and the Generation of Jobs," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 17(3), pages 229-248, November.
- Lee, Lung-fei, 2007. "Identification and estimation of econometric models with group interactions, contextual factors and fixed effects," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 333-374, October.
- Luís Cabral, 2007. "Small firms in Portugal: a selective survey of stylized facts, economic analysis, and policy implications," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 6(1), pages 65-88, April.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-02 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:sbgwpe:2010_008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jörg Paetzold). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwsbgat.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .