Segmented Housing Search
This paper documents stylized facts on buyer and seller behavior across different segments of the housing market, and uses them to inform a search model with heterogeneous houses.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Marina Azzimonti Department of Economics Stonybrook University 10 Nicolls Road Stonybrook NY 11790 USA|
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Albrecht & Axel Anderson & Eric Smith & Susan Vroman, 2007. "Opportunistic Matching In The Housing Market," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(2), pages 641-664, 05.
- Allen Head & Huw Lloyd-Ellis & Hongfei Sun, 2014.
"Search, Liquidity, and the Dynamics of House Prices and Construction,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 104(4), pages 1172-1210, April.
- Allen Head & Huw Lloyd-Ellis & Hongfei Sun, 2012. "Search, Liquidity and the Dynamics of House Prices and Construction," Working Papers 1276, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Pablo Kurlat & Johannes Stroebel, 2015.
"Testing for Information Asymmetries in Real Estate Markets,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 28(8), pages 2429-2461.
- Pablo Kurlat & Johannes Stroebel, 2014. "Testing for Information Asymmetries in Real Estate Markets," NBER Working Papers 19875, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeremy C. Stein, 1995. "Prices and Trading Volume in the Housing Market: A Model with Down-Payment Effects," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 379-406.
- Krainer, John, 2001. "A Theory of Liquidity in Residential Real Estate Markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 32-53, January.
- Jonathan Halket & Matteo Pignatti, 2012. "Housing tenure choices with private information," Economics Discussion Papers 717, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed012:670. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.