Intended and Unintended Results of the Proposed Volcker Rule
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1994. "Transfer Benefits from Public-Works Employment: Evidence for Rural India," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(427), pages 1346-1369, November.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1993.
"Credit Market Constraints, Consumption Smoothing, and the Accumulation of Durable Production Assets in Low-Income Countries: Investment in Bullocks in India,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 223-244, April.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Wolpin, Kenneth I., 1989. "Credit Market Constraints, Consumption Smoothing and the Accumulation of Durable Production Assets in Low-Income Countries: Investments in Bullocks in India," Bulletins 7487, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "Introduction to "A Theory of the Consumption Function"," NBER Chapters,in: A Theory of the Consumption Function, pages 1-6 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok, 1986. "Access to Capital and Agrarian Production Organisation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(382), pages 482-498, June.
- Dercon, Stefan, 1998.
"Wealth, risk and activity choice: cattle in Western Tanzania,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 1-42, February.
- Stefan Dercon, 1996. "Wealth, risk and activity choices: cattle in Western Tanzania," CSAE Working Paper Series 1996-08, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Milo Bianchi, 2010.
"Credit constraints, entrepreneurial talent, and economic development,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 93-104, January.
- Bianchi, Milo, 2009. "Credit Constraints, Entrepreneurial Talent, and Economic Development," WIDER Working Paper Series 020, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Milo Bianchi, 2010. "Credit Constraints, Entrepreneurial Talent, and Economic Development," Post-Print halshs-00754484, HAL.
- Milo Bianchi, 2010. "Credit Constraints, Entrepreneurial Talent, and Economic Development," Post-Print halshs-00636002, HAL.
- Conning, Jonathan & Udry, Christopher, 2007. "Rural Financial Markets in Developing Countries," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok, 1989. "Credit as insurance in agrarian economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 37-53, July.
- Carlo del Ninno & Kalanidhi Subbarao & Annamaria Milazzo, 2009.
"How to Make Public Works Work : A Review of the Experiences,"
World Bank Other Operational Studies
11718, The World Bank.
- Ninno, Carlo del & Subbarao, Kalanidhi & Milazzo, Annamaria, 2009. "How to make public works work : a review of the experiences," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 48567, The World Bank.
- Jonathan Morduch, 1995.
"Income Smoothing and Consumption Smoothing,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 103-114, Summer.
- Morduch, J., 1995. "Income Smoothing and Consumption Smoothing," Papers 512, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Jonathan Morduch, 1995. "Income Smoothing and Consumption Smoothing," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1727, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Barrett , Christopher B & Carter , Michael R & Ikegami , Munenobu, 2008. "Poverty traps and social protection," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 42752, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsVolcker Rule; Regulation; Prop Trading; Market Making; Hedge Fund; Risk;
- E02 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Institutions and the Macroeconomy
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, Operations, and Impact
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-REG-2011-11-21 (Regulation)
- NEP-RMG-2011-11-21 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34672. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.