Levy Subordinator Model of Default Dependency
The article presents a model of default dependency based on Levy subordinator. It is a tractable one-factor model with an architecture similar to that of the standard Gaussian copula model, providing easy calibration to individual hazard rate curves and efficient pricing with Fast Fourier Transform techniques. The subordinator is a stable Levy process with a probability distribution function known as the Levy distribution. The model provides a reasonable fit to market data with two parameters necessary to assess dependency risk, a measure of correlation and a measure of catastrophe.
|Date of creation:||14 Mar 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giuseppe Di Graziano & L. C. G. Rogers, 2009. "A Dynamic Approach To The Modeling Of Correlation Credit Derivatives Using Markov Chains," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(01), pages 45-62.
- Alexander Chapovsky & Andrew Rennie & Pedro Tavares, 2007. "Stochastic Intensity Modeling For Structured Credit Exotics," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(04), pages 633-652.
- Damiano Brigo & Andrea Pallavicini & Roberto Torresetti, 2008. "Default correlation, cluster dynamics and single names: The GPCL dynamical loss model," Papers 0812.4163, arXiv.org.
- Damiano Brigo & Andrea Pallavicini & Roberto Torresetti, 2009. "Credit models and the crisis, or: how I learned to stop worrying and love the CDOs," Papers 0912.5427, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2010.
- Balakrishna, B S, 2008. "Levy Density Based Intensity Modeling of the Correlation Smile," MPRA Paper 14922, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Apr 2009.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21386. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.