Computing Additive Chained Volume Measures of GDP Subaggregates
This paper derives formulas for additive "chained volume measures" (CVMs) of GDP subaggregates depending on the underlying GDP quantity index. In turn, this paper explains why the formulas used in current practice yield nonadditive CVMs. This paper's additive formulas have significant practical implications given that nonadditivity prevails in all countries that have adopted the CVM framework for GDP and considering that more countries will be adopting this framework.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: NEDA sa Makati Building, 106 Amorsolo St., Legaspi Village, Makati City,|
Web page: https://www.pids.gov.ph/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Whelan, Karl, 2002. "A Guide to U.S. Chain Aggregated NIPA Data," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(2), pages 217-233, June.
- Dumagan, Jesus C., 2008. "Avoiding Anomalies of GDP in Constant Prices by Conversion to Chained Prices: Accentuating Shifts in Philippine Economic Transformation," Discussion Papers DP 2008-24, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Diewert, W Erwin, 1978. "Superlative Index Numbers and Consistency in Aggregation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 883-900, July.
- Balk, Bert M., 2004. "Decompositions of Fisher indexes," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 107-113, January.
- Dumagan, Jesus C., 2008.
"Implementing US GDP in Chained Prices for Cross-country GDP Growth and Sectoral Comparisons: Application to Selected ASEAN Countries,"
DP 2008-28, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Jesus C. Dumagan, 2008. "Implementing US GDP in Chained Prices for Cross-country GDP Growth and Sectoral Comparisons : Application to Selected ASEAN Countries," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22631, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Dumagan, Jesus C., 2002. "Comparing the superlative Tornqvist and Fisher ideal indexes," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 251-258, July.
- Joe Robjohns, 2007. "Methods explained: Contributions to growth rates under annual chain-linking," Economic & Labour Market Review, Palgrave Macmillan;Office for National Statistics, vol. 1(6), pages 53-56, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:dpaper:dp_2010-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.