The measurement of capabilities
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Binder & Alex Coad, 2011. "Disentangling the Circularity in Sen’s Capability Approach: An Analysis of the Co-Evolution of Functioning Achievement and Resources," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 103(3), pages 327-355, September.
- John Dagsvik, 2013. "Making Sen’s capability approach operational: a random scale framework," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 74(1), pages 75-105, January.
- Vizard, Polly, 2010. "Developing and agreeing a capability list in the British context: what can be learnt from social survey data on ‘rights’?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 43866, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kamil Faisal & Ahmed Shaker, 2017. "An Investigation of GIS Overlay and PCA Techniques for Urban Environmental Quality Assessment: A Case Study in Toronto, Ontario, Canada," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-25, March.
- Jürgen Volkert & Friedrich Schneider, 2011. "The Application of the Capability Approach to High-Income OECD Countries: A Preliminary Survey," CESifo Working Paper Series 3364, CESifo Group Munich.
- Anand, Paul & Roope, Laurence & Peichl, Andreas, 2016. "Wellbeing Evidence for the Assessment of Progress," IZA Discussion Papers 9840, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Anand, Paul & Lea, Stephen, 2011. "The psychology and behavioural economics of poverty," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 284-293, March.
- Dagsvik John K., 2010. "Making Amartya Sen’s Capability Approach Operational: A Random Scale Framework for Empirical Modeling," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201005, University of Turin.
- Andreas Peichl & Nico Pestel, 2013.
"Multidimensional Well‐Being at the Top: Evidence for Germany,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 34, pages 355-371, September.
- Andreas Peichl & Nico Pestel, 2011. "Multidimensional Well-Being at the Top: Evidence for Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 425, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Peichl, Andreas & Pestel, Nico, 2011. "Multidimensional Well-Being at the Top: Evidence for Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 6170, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Paul Anand & Laurence Roope, 2016.
"The development and happiness of very young children,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 47(4), pages 825-851, December.
- Anand, Paul & Roope, Laurence, 2016. "The Development and Happiness of Very Young Children," IZA Discussion Papers 10218, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Paul Anand & Laurence Roope, 2016. "The Development and Happiness of Very Young Children," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 868, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- repec:wfo:wstudy:47154 is not listed on IDEAS
- Canoy, Marcel & Lerais, Frédéric & Schokkaert, Erik, 2010. "Applying the capability approach to policy-making: The impact assessment of the EU-proposal on organ donation," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 391-399, June.
- Martin Binder, 2014.
"Subjective Well-Being Capabilities: Bridging the Gap Between the Capability Approach and Subjective Well-Being Research,"
Journal of Happiness Studies,
Springer, vol. 15(5), pages 1197-1217, October.
- Martin Binder, 2013. "Subjective Well-being Capabilities: Bridging the Gap between the Capability Approach and Subjective Well-Being Research," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2013-02, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Leßmann, Ortrud & Rauschmayer, Felix, 2012. "Re-conceptualising sustainable development on the basis of the capability approach: A model and its difficulties," UFZ Discussion Papers 03/2012, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Karl Aiginger, 2016. "New Dynamics for Europe: Reaping the Benefits of Socio-ecological Transition. Synthesis Report Part I," WWWforEurope Deliverables series 11, WWWforEurope.
- Annie Austin, 2016. "On Well-Being and Public Policy: Are We Capable of Questioning the Hegemony of Happiness?," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 127(1), pages 123-138, May.
- DECANCQ, Koen & SCHOKKAERT, Eric & ZULUAGA, Bianca, 2016.
"Implementing the Capability Approach with Respect for Individual Valuations : An Illustration with Colombian Data,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2016036, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Koen Decancq & Erik Schokkaert & Blanca Zuluaga, 2016. "Implementing the capability approach with respect for individual valuations: an illustration with Colombian data," ICESI ECONOMICS WORKING PAPERS 014571, UNIVERSIDAD ICESI.
- Koen Decancq & Erik Schokkaert & Blanca Zuluaga, 2016. " Implementing the capability approach with respect for individual valuations: an illustration with Colombian data," Working Papers Department of Economics 543498, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- John K. Dagsvik, 2012. "Making Sen's capability approach operational. A random scale framework," Discussion Papers 710, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Leßmann, Ortrud, 2011. "Empirische Studien zum Capability Ansatz auf der Grundlage von Befragungen: Ein Überblick," UFZ Discussion Papers 4/2011, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Leßmann, Ortrud, 2012. "Indikatoren im Capability-Ansatz und der Bezug zur Nachhaltigkeit: Welchen Beitrag kann der CA leisten?," UFZ Discussion Papers 16/2012, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Nicolai Suppa, 2012. "Does Capability Deprivation Hurt? – Evidence from German Panel Data," Ruhr Economic Papers 0359, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Suppa, Nicolai, 2012. "Does Capability Deprivation Hurt? – Evidence from German Panel Data," Ruhr Economic Papers 359, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Polly Vizard, 2010. "Developing and agreeing a capability list in the British context: What can be learnt from social survey data on ‘rights’?," CASE Papers case142, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Claudia Kettner & Angela Köppl & Sigrid Stagl, 2014. "Towards an operational measurement of socio-ecological performance," WWWforEurope Working Papers series 52, WWWforEurope.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0359 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordscapabilities; measurement; performance indicators; human development; welfare; economic statistics; freedom; happiness; subjective wellbeing; personality; gender differences; violence; causality; poverty; health; latent class analysis;
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- C80 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:opn:wpaper:67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IT team member). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deopeuk.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .