Coping with Very Weak Primary Schools: Towards Smart Interventions in Dutch Education Policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kerstin Schneider & Hendrik Jürges, 2008. "Central exit examinations increase performance... but take the fun out of mathematics," Schumpeter Discussion Papers sdp08001, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Janet W. Looney, 2011. "Integrating Formative and Summative Assessment: Progress Toward a Seamless System?," OECD Education Working Papers 58, OECD Publishing.
- Winters, Marcus A. & Trivitt, Julie R. & Greene, Jay P., 2010. "The impact of high-stakes testing on student proficiency in low-stakes subjects: Evidence from Florida's elementary science exam," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 138-146, February.
- Bishop, John, 2006. "Drinking from the Fountain of Knowledge: Student Incentive to Study and Learn - Externalities, Information Problems and Peer Pressure," Handbook of the Economics of Education, Elsevier.
- Ou, Dongshu, 2010.
"To leave or not to leave? A regression discontinuity analysis of the impact of failing the high school exit exam,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, pages 171-186.
- Ou, Dongshu, 2009. "To leave or not to leave? A regression discontinuity analysis of the impact of failing the High School exit exam," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 51589, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Dongshu Ou, 2009. "To Leave or Not to Leave? A Regression Discontinuity Analysis of the Impact of Failing the High School Exit Exam," CEP Discussion Papers dp0907, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Morten Anstorp Rosenkvist, 2010. "Using Student Test Results for Accountability and Improvement: A Literature Review," OECD Education Working Papers 54, OECD Publishing.
- Bishop, John H, 1997. "The Effect of National Standards and Curriculum-Based Exams on Achievement," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 260-264.
- Ludger Wöbmann & Elke Lüdemann & Gabriela Schütz & Martin R. West, 2007. "School Accountability, Autonomy, Choice, and the Level of Student Achievement: International Evidence from PISA 2003," OECD Education Working Papers 13, OECD Publishing.
- Bishop, John H. & Moriarty, Joan Y. & Mane, Ferran, 2000. "Diplomas for learning, not seat time: the impacts of New York Regents examinations," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 333-349, October.
- Montmarquette, Claude & Mahseredjian, Sophie, 1989. "Could teacher grading practices account for unexplained variation in school achievements?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 335-343, August.
- Jacob, Brian A., 2005.
"Accountability, incentives and behavior: the impact of high-stakes testing in the Chicago Public Schools,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 761-796.
- Julie Berry Cullen & Brian Jacob & Steven Levitt, 2000. "The Impact of School Choice on Student Outcomes: An Analysis of the Chicago Public Schools," NBER Working Papers 7888, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Janet W. Looney, 2009. "Assessment and Innovation in Education," OECD Education Working Papers 24, OECD Publishing.
- Hendrik Jürges & Kerstin Schneider, 2010.
"Central exit examinations increase performance... but take the fun out of mathematics,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, pages 497-517.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Gahvari, Firouz & Pestieau, Pierre, 2004. "Pensions with Heterogenous Individuals and Endogenous Fertility," IDEI Working Papers 313, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- CREMER, Helmuth & GAHVARI, Firouz & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 2006. "Pensions with heterogenous individuals and endogenous fertility," CORE Discussion Papers 2006015, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cremer, Helmuth & Gahvari, Firouz & Pestieau, Pierre, 2006. "Pensions with Heterogenous Individuals and Endogenous Fertility," CEPR Discussion Papers 5553, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John H. Tyler & Richard J. Murnane & John B. Willett, 2000.
"Do the Cognitive Skills of School Dropouts Matter in the Labor Market?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, pages 748-754.
- John H. Tyler & Richard J. Murnane & John B. Willett, 1999. "Do the Cognitive Skills of School Dropouts Matter in the Labor Market?," NBER Working Papers 7101, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paco Martorell & Damon Clark, 2010. "The Signaling Value of a High School Diploma," Working Papers 1248, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Ludger Woesmann, 2003.
"Schooling Resources, Educational Institutions and Student Performance: the International Evidence,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, pages 117-170.
- Wößmann, Ludger, 2000. "Schooling Resources, Educational Institutions, and Student Performance: The International Evidence," Kiel Working Papers 983, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Wößmann, Ludger, 2003. "Schooling resources, educational institutions and student performance: The international evidence," Munich Reprints in Economics 19661, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Joshua Angrist & Victor Lavy, 2009. "The Effects of High Stakes High School Achievement Awards: Evidence from a Randomized Trial," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 1384-1414.
- John P. Papay & Richard J. Murnane & John B. Willett, 2008. "The Consequences of High School Exit Examinations for Struggling Low-Income Urban Students: Evidence from Massachusetts," NBER Working Papers 14186, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lillard, Dean R. & DeCicca, Philip P., 2001. "Higher standards, more dropouts? Evidence within and across time," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 459-473, October.
- Bishop, John H. & Mane, Ferran, 2001. "The impacts of minimum competency exam graduation requirements on high school graduation, college attendance and early labor market success," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 203-222, May.
- Banks, Joanne & Byrne, Delma & McCoy, Selina & Smyth, Emer, 2010. "Engaging Young People? Student Experiences of the Leaving Certificate Applied," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number RS15.
- Graham, Amy E. & Husted, Thomas A., 1993. "Understanding state variations in SAT scores," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 197-202, September.
- Wikstrom, Christina & Wikstrom, Magnus, 2005. "Grade inflation and school competition: an empirical analysis based on the Swedish upper secondary schools," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 309-322, June.
- Bishop, J., 1997. "The Effect of national Standards and Curriculum-Based Exams on Achievement," Papers 97-01, Cornell - Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:eduaab:98-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deoecfr.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .