Existence, Uniqueness And Some Comparative Statics For Ratio- And Lindahl Equilibria: New Wine In Old Bottles
We present a rigorous, yet elementary, demonstration of the existence of a unique Lindahl equilibrium under the assumptions that characterize the standard n-player public good model. Indeed, our approach, which exploits the aggregative structure of the public good model, lends itself to a transparent geometric representation. Moreover, it can handle the more general concept of the cost-share or ratio equilibrium. Finally, we indicate how it may be ex-ploited to facilitate comparative static analysis of Lindahl and cost share equilibria.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: School of Economics University of Nottingham University Park Nottingham NG7 2RD|
Phone: (44) 0115 951 5620
Fax: (0115) 951 4159
Web page: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/economics/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roger Hartley & Richard Cornes, 2003.
"Aggregative Public Good Games,"
Keele Economics Research Papers
KERP 2003/05, Centre for Economic Research, Keele University.
- Sertel, Murat R., 1994. "Manipulating Lindahl equilibrium via endowments," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 167-171, October.
- Hindriks, Jean & Myles, Gareth D., 2013.
"Intermediate Public Economics,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262018691, December.
- Myles,Gareth D., 1995. "Public Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521497695, November.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Silvestre, Joaquim, 1989. "Cost share equilibria: A Lindahlian approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 239-256, April.
- Kaneko, Mamoru, 1977. "The ratio equilibrium and a voting game in a public goods economy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 123-136, December.
- Danziger, Leif, 1976. "A graphic representation of the Nash and Lindahl equilibria in an economy with a public good," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 295-307, October.
- Sertel, Murat R. & Yildiz, Muhamet, 1998. "The Lindahl solution with changing population and resources1," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 151-163, March.
- Joaquim Silvestre, 2003. "Wicksell, Lindahl and the Theory of Public Goods," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(4), pages 527-553, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:not:notecp:06/08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.