Existence, Uniqueness And Some Comparative Statics For Ratio- And Lindahl Equilibria: New Wine In Old Bottles
We present a rigorous, yet elementary, demonstration of the existence of a unique Lindahl equilibrium under the assumptions that characterize the standard n-player public good model. Indeed, our approach, which exploits the aggregative structure of the public good model, lends itself to a transparent geometric representation. Moreover, it can handle the more general concept of the cost-share or ratio equilibrium. Finally, we indicate how it may be ex-ploited to facilitate comparative static analysis of Lindahl and cost share equilibria.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (44) 0115 951 5620
Fax: (0115) 951 4159
Web page: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Danziger, Leif, 1976. "A graphic representation of the Nash and Lindahl equilibria in an economy with a public good," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 295-307, October.
- Sertel, Murat R. & Yildiz, Muhamet, 1998. "The Lindahl solution with changing population and resources1," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 151-163, March.
- Hindriks, Jean & Myles, Gareth D., 2013.
"Intermediate Public Economics,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262018691, June.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Silvestre, Joaquim, 1989. "Cost share equilibria: A Lindahlian approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 239-256, April.
- Sertel, Murat R., 1994. "Manipulating Lindahl equilibrium via endowments," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 167-171, October.
- Roger Hartley & Richard Cornes, 2003.
"Aggregative Public Good Games,"
Keele Economics Research Papers
KERP 2003/05, Centre for Economic Research, Keele University.
- Kaneko, Mamoru, 1977. "The ratio equilibrium and a voting game in a public goods economy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 123-136, December.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521497695 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joaquim Silvestre, 2003. "Wicksell, Lindahl and the Theory of Public Goods," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(4), pages 527-553, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:not:notecp:06/08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.