India's Checkered History in Fight against Poverty: Are There Lessons for the Future?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nagel, Rosemarie, 1995. "Unraveling in Guessing Games: An Experimental Study," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1313-1326, December.
- Croson, Rachel T. A., 2000. "Thinking like a game theorist: factors affecting the frequency of equilibrium play," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 299-314, March.
- McKelvey, Richard D & Page, Talbot, 1990. "Public and Private Information: An Experimental Study of Information Pooling," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1321-1339, November.
- Offerman, Theo & Sonnemans, Joep & Schram, Arthur, 1996. "Value Orientations, Expectations and Voluntary Contributions in Public Goods," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(437), pages 817-845, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wani, M.H. & Baba, S.H. & Yousuf, Shahid, 2009. "Land-use Dynamics in Jammu and Kashmir," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 22(1).
- Jayaraman, Rajshri & Lanjouw, Peter, 1999.
"The Evolution of Poverty and Inequality in Indian Villages,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 1-30, February.
- Jayraman, Raji & Lanjouw, Peter, 1998. "The evolution of poverty and inequality in Indian villages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1870, The World Bank.
- Alam, S.B. & Nasrin, M.A., 2007. "Role Of Agriculture In Reducing Poverty Of Bangladesh," Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Economics, Bangladesh Agricultural University, vol. 30(1).
- Peter Lanjouw & Abusaleh Shariff & Dil Bahadur Rahut, 2007. "Rural Non-Farm Employment in India: Access, Income, Farm, Poverty Impact," Working Papers id:913, eSocialSciences.
- Manoj K. Panda, 2008. "Economic development in Orissa: Growth without inclusion?," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2008-025, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Sudip Ranjan Basu, 2005. "Correlating Growth with Well-Being during Economic Reforms Evidence from India and China," Development and Comp Systems 0509010, EconWPA.
- Chand, Sheetal K., 2003. "Stabilizing Poverty In The Context Of The IMF's Monetary Model," Memorandum 14/2003, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Gaurav Datt & Martin Ravallion, 1998. "Farm productivity and rural poverty in India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 62-85.
- Kapur Mehta, Aasha & Shah, Amita, 2003. "Chronic Poverty in India: Incidence, Causes and Policies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 491-511, March.
- Arindam Banik & Pradip K. Bhaumik, 2005. "Supporting the poor but skilled artisans by making assets available to them: an empirical investigation in rural India," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 45-66.
- Chand,S.K., 2001. "Poverty alleviation as a central objective of developing country macroeconomic policy," Memorandum 15/2001, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Pradeep Agrawal, 2015. "Reducing Poverty in India: The Role of Economic Growth," Working Papers id:7693, eSocialSciences.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2000. "Prices, wages and poverty in rural India: what lessons do the time series data hold for policy?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 351-364, June.
- Singh, K.M. & Kumar, Abhay & Meena, M.S. & Singh, R.K.P., 2014. "Socio-economic Characterization of Rural Households: A Village Level Analysis in Bihar," MPRA Paper 59681, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Oct 2014.
- Ninan, K.N., 2000. "Economic Liberalization and Rural Poverty Alleviation: The Indian Experience," 2000 Conference, August 13-18, 2000, Berlin, Germany 197216, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Narayanamoorthy, A. & Hanjra, Munir A., 2010. "What Contributes to Disparity in Rural-Urban Poverty in Tamil Nadu?: A District Level Analysis," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 65(2).
- Singh, Krishna M. & Singh, R.K.P. & Meena, M.S. & Kumar, Abhay & Kumar, Anjani, 2011. "A Village-level Study of Poverty in Bihar: Using panel data Approach," MPRA Paper 45232, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Oct 2011.
- Mustafa K. Mujeri, 2000. "Poverty Trends and Growth Performance: Some Issues in Bangladesh," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 39(4), pages 1171-1191.
- Datt, Gaurav, 1998. "Poverty in India and Indian states," FCND discussion papers 47, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Park, Albert & Wang, Sangui & Wu, Guobao, 2002. "Regional poverty targeting in China," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 123-153, October.
- Surajit Deb, 2002. "The Debate on Agriculture-Industry Terms of Trade in India," Working papers 109, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Quibria, M.G., 2002. "Growth and Poverty: Lessons from the East Asian Miracle Revisited," MPRA Paper 2638, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Manoj Panda, 2008. "Economic Development in Orissa : Growth Without Inclusion?," Development Economics Working Papers 22153, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mos:moswps:archive-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simon Angus). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dxmonau.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .