Forward trading and collusion in oligopoly
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Joskow, 2003.
"Electricity Sector Restructuring and Competition: Lessons Learned,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 40(121), pages 548-558.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2003. "Electricity Sector Restructuring And Competition - Lessons Learned," Working Papers 0314, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, November.
- Allaz Blaise & Vila Jean-Luc, 1993. "Cournot Competition, Forward Markets and Efficiency," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Christopher R. Knittel & Victor Stango, 2003.
"Price Ceilings as Focal Points for Tacit Collusion: Evidence from Credit Cards,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1703-1729, December.
- Christopher R. Knittel & Victor Stango, 2001. "Price ceilings as focal points for tacit collusion: evidence from credit cards," Working Paper Series WP-01-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Hugh Rudnick & Juan-Pablo Montero, 2002.
"Second Generation Electricity Reforms in Latin America and the California Paradigm,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 159-172, June.
- Juan-Pablo Montero & Hugh Rudnick, 2002. "Second Generation Electricity Reforms in Latin America and the California Paradigm," Documentos de Trabajo 216, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Green, Richard, 1999. "The Electricity Contract Market in England and Wales," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 107-124, March.
- Abreu, Dilip, 1988. "On the Theory of Infinitely Repeated Games with Discounting," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(2), pages 383-396, March.
- Mahenc, P. & Salanie, F., 2004. "Softening competition through forward trading," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 282-293, June.
- David M. Newbery, 1998.
"Competition, Contracts, and Entry in the Electricity Spot Market,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(4), pages 726-749, Winter.
- Newbery, D. M., 1997. "Competition, Contracts and Entry in the Electricity Spot Market," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9707, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Allaz, Blaise, 1992. "Oligopoly, uncertainty and strategic forward transactions," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 297-308, June.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Tirole, Jean, 1984. "The Fat-Cat Effect, the Puppy-Dog Ploy, and the Lean and Hungry Look," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 361-366, May.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Geanakoplos, John D & Klemperer, Paul D, 1985. "Multimarket Oligopoly: Strategic Substitutes and Complements," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 488-511, June.
- Abreu, Dilip, 1986. "Extremal equilibria of oligopolistic supergames," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 191-225, June.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2006-08-12 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-FMK-2006-08-12 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MIC-2006-08-12 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mee:wpaper:0506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharmila Ganguly). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cemitus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.