A Simple Macroeconomic Framework for South Africa
This paper presents a number of policy experiments carried out within a modelling framework, which can be characterized as a merger of the financial programming and the revised minimum standard models, associated with respectively the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank. The baserun underlying the policy simulations is a six-year projection of the South African economy based on mderately optimistic assumptions about economic growth and the inflow of foreign capital. It clearly transpires that the choice of financing source of expanded government activity can matter a great deal for economic outcomes, and also changes in the composition of government spending can affect real output and other macroeconomic variables. Yet, the framework is ill-suited to analyze policies for export promotion.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||Oct 1995|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Øster Farimagsgade 5, Building 26, DK-1353 Copenhagen K., Denmark|
Phone: (+45) 35 32 30 10
Fax: +45 35 32 30 00
Web page: http://www.econ.ku.dk
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brixen, Peter & Tarp, Finn, 1996. "South Africa: Macroeconomic perspectives for the medium term," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 989-1001, June.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1989. "The international monetary fund and the developing countries: A critical evaluation," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 7-68, January.
- Jacques J. Polak, 1990. "A Marriage between Fund and Bank Models? Comment on Khan and Montiel," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(1), pages 183-186, March.
- J. J. Polak, 1957. "Monetary Analysis of Income Formation and Payments Problems," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 6(1), pages 1-50, November.
- Khan, Mohsin S. & Montiel, Peter & Haque, Nadeem U., 1990. "Adjustment with growth : Relating the analytical approaches of the IMF and the World Bank," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 155-179, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kud:kuiedp:9515. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.